First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
What does "dry in" mean?
It basically means that this is when they will have a building completed to a point that you can move equipment in. It doesn't mean it would be completely finished, they could even set up production equipment while they finish the rest of the building.

Tesla is being very aggressive with their schedule for the Cybertruck and I think they really want to push forward as fast as they realistically can. I wouldn't be surprised if they made some test vehicles before the estimated substantial date of May 1st. If they were able to get all the tests completed and begin production in May, they would have a huge headstart on their deadline to make their customers happy.

Tesla also completed their 5 billion dollar capital raise. This is a huge amount of cash to have and I am on the edge of my chair excited to see what they are going to do with it. I personally think that with Tesla's goals to outsell any other manufacturer in the future, and with the demand for their cars being so high right now, I think we could see another factory soon. Tesla is on a roll right now and if they can push out more cars, build more service centers, expand even more superchargers, people will be seeing that Tesla logo everywhere which is exactly what is needed. Combine that with their software being so advanced, I think Tesla could really do it.
Sponsored

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Doesn’t your HVAC system remove the excess moisture?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I'm sure "dry in" means something totally different to a company willing to build cars in a parking lot tent.... :ROFLMAO:

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I think they will solve the front crumple zone on the frunk hood by one of two ways. Thinner SS or keeping the 3mm thickness and scoring it underneath so it folds like an accordion in a front end collision.
Chemically Milling or machining groves, similar to relieving for bends cans create crumple zones and built in crush patterns.
Aircraft have chem milled panels to reduce weight. Construction of SS panels can follow similar processes.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Bump.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Now we can look back how it all started. (y)

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think they will solve the front crumple zone on the frunk hood by one of two ways. Thinner SS or keeping the 3mm thickness and scoring it underneath so it folds like an accordion in a front end collision.
the frunk is huge crumple space.
Sponsored