Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok Elon, we are patiently waiting.......any day now!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I'm thinking we will all be surprised with the new battery the CT will be using.

In the tweet posted the person asked "Can Cybertruck also have a payload/towing calculator?"

Elon replied "Yes, will also show real-time changes to max acceleration, braking, cornering, speed on gradient & range, latter factoring in route elevation changes & cargo or tow mass & drag impact"

So I want is to see it doing all these things, to see it happen in real-time.

Will it have a separate monitor/interface for all this or will it all be displayed on the single monitor(which I am supposing it will)?.

It's not that I don't trust Elon to deliver on all this, I just want to see it. And since he has said there will be a cross-country trek with the CT I am fairly confident it won't be just to show it going from one supercharger to the next and the expected photo/video ops.

There is still a lot of skepticism out there about the CT's capabilities and whether Elon and his crew at Tesla can deliver all these things.

I get enjoyment when Elon shows the critics/skeptics he can deliver! ?
All this and more is why it was so important to lock in at an early price point. Elon wants the CT to set the bar, and I have a feeling we aren't even scratching the surface. Much more to come, I expect, as they continue development, but especially as they enter full production. A truck is many things. Elon wants to provide the best platform for all this.... and more. This is why I'm here. This is why I am very bullish on my Tesla position in the market. I believe in Elon Musk. peace

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
You can easily get some guestimate numbers on that. The power required to take truck (estimated weight) and 14,000 lb trailer up a 10% grade at 60 mph is
((6000 + 14000)/2.2)*9.8*.1*(60*1609/3600)/1000 = 238.963 kW plus the power than goes for drag and rolling resistance, which, while appreciable, is probably relatively small compared to 240 kW. I expect you can deduce the formula from the example to the point you can plug in your own numbers.

Will the CT be able to deliver 250 kW? With a 180 kWh battery perhaps but not probably for a sustained time period.
A 10% grade is pretty rare. Max on highways are around 7%. Denver to the Ike is an average of 2%. The bigger issue I see is that it will take around 160kWh to travel those 58 miles.
Sponsored