Cybertruck Towing Range

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Great information. Thank you so much!
Reasonable question, because running out of ions can be worse than getting low on gasoline. But look to those impending Tesla tractors designed to pull long and heavy commercial trailers. I doubt their batteries have twice the potential of what's in a trimotor CT.

I'm sure some of the early CT recipients will report their towing experience. In the meantime, I bet you can find data on how a trailer reduces the range of a gas/diesel truck. And if a trailer, say, twice the weight of a truck, on a flat dry road at 50 mph, reduces the range by half, I'd guess a similar reduction would apply with battery power.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
In the first place the CT will have lasers to blast the bugs into small molecules before they ever hit the windscreen. Nes pas?

I'll cite the SC at the Kingston, NY Checkrite as one that has widscreen cleaning stuff. At least I assume it does as it also has lots of petrol pumps and they nearly always have a squeegee or to.
I stand corrected - 1.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If Tesla had the volume of a typical gas station, they would not miss out on the opportunity. I would not be surprised if we start seeing vending machines with advertisement for starlink and trips to Mars. On the bug front, CT windshield looked a bit steeper than a typical truck windshield. I wonder some bugs may just get an uplifting experience out of it Instead of a typical splat. We definitely need an official bug test by folks in front of the line to see if CT can save lives (for the bug community of course).
There is a new larger SC station in California. Tesla recently powered up a new world's largest Supercharging station with 56 stalls(V3 rated at up to 250 kW each). It's located in Firebaugh, California. The video I saw had no facilities like a normal filling station. ?.
There was talk several years ago that Elon wanted to have SC stations like the old California car hop restaurant. Nothing like that in the plans now.
Sponsored