A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
One of the really old videos (I think it was a video) of Elon driving the truck to some CA restaurant had pics of him leaving at night and i am pretty sure the range said 612. I never gave it much importance because it was just a prototype vehicle but showed more of what they could do if they wanted to.
The range estimate on my Teslas have, from time to time, indicated I have 999 miles. That's because I have been driving down hill using negative power. At that rate my range is actually infinite but the display only goes up to 999. Of course I would only realize that estimate if I drove in a Maurits Escher world.
Sponsored

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The range estimate on my Teslas have, from time to time, indicated I have 999 miles. That's because I have been driving down hill using negative power. At that rate my range is actually infinite but the display only goes up to 999. Of course I would only realize that estimate if I drove in a Maurits Escher world.
I think Nikola motors already patented limitless gravity power anyway.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Anyone want a drone with their CT? Anyone catch this one? A drone to scout the trail you are driving to map the geography ahead of your drive.

[0127] As described above, the representation 504 may include information determined using cameras or sensors positioned about the vehicle. For example, pedestrians, other cars, cones, animals, lights, stop signs, and so on, may be determined by a system included in the vehicle. These may be rendered in the user interface 500. Similarly, the representation 504 may include rocks, dips, inclines, and so on, of an off-road area surrounding the vehicle. In some embodiments, a drone may be stored in the vehicle. The drone may fly from the vehicle and perform a mapping operation of surrounding terrain. For example, photogrammetry techniques may be used. This information may be provided to the vehicle, and used to render the representation 504. In some embodiments, the vehicle may render the representation 504 using, at least in part, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) techniques.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
We will have to see on which days in California at 12:05 PM it was 84 degrees to narrow down how long that 610 has been in play. That could also mean how long a CT3 has been rolling around undetected. All screenshots of the display from prototype has mileage bellow 300.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel 1622255552273

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
California temperature ranges about 50-100 degrees F every day. Most days there's somewhere that's 84F at some point in time.

-Crissa
I think Diehard is on to something here. The clue is 12:05 pm AND 84 degrees. That should make it a lot easier if we just focus on that time and temperature. For example, it was 84 degrees at 12:07 pm just the other day in Anaheim. Getting close ;)

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone want a drone with their CT? Anyone catch this one? A drone to scout the trail you are driving to map the geography ahead of your drive.

[0127] As described above, the representation 504 may include information determined using cameras or sensors positioned about the vehicle. For example, pedestrians, other cars, cones, animals, lights, stop signs, and so on, may be determined by a system included in the vehicle. These may be rendered in the user interface 500. Similarly, the representation 504 may include rocks, dips, inclines, and so on, of an off-road area surrounding the vehicle. In some embodiments, a drone may be stored in the vehicle. The drone may fly from the vehicle and perform a mapping operation of surrounding terrain. For example, photogrammetry techniques may be used. This information may be provided to the vehicle, and used to render the representation 504. In some embodiments, the vehicle may render the representation 504 using, at least in part, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) techniques.
All kinds of cool stuff when you start digging around ;)

CT will blow peoples minds when released!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
About that 20" suspension travel.

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the GMC Hummer EV won't even come close to that.

And I'm pretty sure no production vehicle has ever come close, EVER!

AWSOMENESS!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla's design studio - where the prototype was first made - is in Hawthorne in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, the high is usually around 84F July through September.

-Crissa
Great. That means, CT3 has been around for at least 8 months.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
About that 20" suspension travel.

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the GMC Hummer EV won't even come close to that.

And I'm pretty sure no production vehicle has ever come close, EVER!

AWSOMENESS!
Just checked GMC Hummer EV suspension travel.

Both Pickup and SUV

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 11.40.18 PM
Sponsored