Cybertruck validation testing coming soon?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Rivian just released a video of an R1T prototype undergoing desert testing. I would think Cybertruck test mules are around the corner with production starting in Q4 of 2021. Bring on the Baja 500!

Sponsored

Last edited:

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am sure Rivian RT1 tech is good but for me only Tesla have the better advantage. 1. Charging network 2. The design of CT (all other truck design are not exciting to me anymore) 3. Functionality 4. Simplicity interior design. 5. Battery tech. Rivian RT1 will be on radar only if the CT never shown. I am all in for the CT overall Reservvation # is at 10k in line. I am pretty excited about the CT.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Rivian just released a video of an R1T prototype undergoing desert testing. I would think Cybertruck test mules are around the corner with production starting in Q4 of 2021. Bring on the Baja 500!

It looks like a Honda Ridgeline without sails.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'd rather see it in my driveway! I'll beta test that beast. If I can't break it, it can't be broke!

Razius

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Innovation Manager
Country flag
I would like to actually see what the road approved version we are getting is going to look like. I'm talking side mirrors, steering wheel, tires, etc. The rims are cool, but the tires look to be custom molded for the Cybertruck rims. Would we always have to buy those goodyears? I work for Bridgestone Americas so kinda against my work to buy a competitor. hahaha

Sandybayes1

First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
QUESTION: Can I upgrade my previous pre-order from single to double engine CT? If so, how do I do that? Thanks!

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I would like to actually see what the road approved version we are getting is going to look like. I'm talking side mirrors, steering wheel, tires, etc. The rims are cool, but the tires look to be custom molded for the Cybertruck rims. Would we always have to buy those goodyears? I work for Bridgestone Americas so kinda against my work to buy a competitor. hahaha
Not sure where I read it but the CT may come stock with regular AT road tires to keep the wheels within the fender wells as this may be a law/reg.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I am hoping a production version of the Cybertruck will be revealed on Battery Day (9/22/2020).
Sponsored