Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never seriously entertained the idea of buying an R1T during the long wait for my Cybertruck (4+ years). I watched many reviews of the R1T, so I'm aware of its features and performance.

Four things went against the Rivian:
1) Short bed
2) Lack of reliable charging on road trips
3) No FSD - this is a must have for me. It's an incredible safety factor, and will one day be unsupervised.
4) I'm concerned about Rivian's long term viability as a company

Cybertruck had none of these shortcomings.
I have been immune to Cybertruck alternatives as well, and will remain so until 2025 due to NACS. Having only had mine since Friday, I am not yet seeing any likely temptations to switch anyway. 😁
Sponsored

dmrasm

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 4Runner, sienna
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I have an R1S and my biggest question is over the additional $65k to buy the Cyberbeast. In many ways the Tesla might be better but I’m not convinced it’s that much better.
Where can you get an R1S for $55k?

Boo23

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW M40 Z4, 84 Camaro Z28
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Tesla offered me $60k I’d have to put in $65k.

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you for the post, concerning ride comfort & road/wind noise which do you prefer?

I enjoy a more rugged built tought truck but unfortunately my wife is tired of it, all the bumps and shakes hitting small bumps in the road. She prefers a soft & quiet ride. I drove Model Y on comfort mode and that was quiet but it was actually much harder on bumps then my Ram 1500.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T, Bronco Raptor
Country flag
Rivian: charges faster, best 30 min charge 88 kwh, better gauges, better cameras, functioning “autopilot”
Tesla: more chargers, better seats, more room inside and in the bed, many delayed features (autopilot, FSD, lockers), better tonneau, 240 V power in the bed, powershare

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Rivian: charges faster, best 30 min charge 88 kwh, better gauges, better cameras, functioning “autopilot”
Tesla: more chargers, better seats, more room inside and in the bed, many delayed features (autopilot, FSD, lockers), better tonneau, 240 V power in the bed, powershare
Do you think the new charge curve from the recent update will improve your the difference in charging between the two?

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T, Bronco Raptor
Country flag
They would have to improve it by 16% to get my best 30 min charge on EA with a Rivian which was 88 kwh in 30 min. My best with CT has been 74 kwh in 30 min. I have a huge sample size with EA so I know 74 is actually decent. So they’re not that far apart with 30 min charges if the CT is low but once you get above 50% the CT’s charge curve is much worse and I haven’t done a lot of “inefficient” charging to compare.
Sponsored