ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
It's safe to assume that by the time the Cybertruck arrives, it will feature the radar heater feature that was just discovered in the Model Y's wiring diagrams. I don't live somewhere that will ever need my Cybertruck's radar sensors to be heated, but this should be helpful for those of you who deal with a lot of snow/ice!

Sponsored

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's safe to assume that by the time the Cybertruck arrives, it will feature the radar heater feature that was just discovered in the Model Y's wiring diagrams. I don't live somewhere that will ever need my Cybertruck's radar sensors to be heated, but this should be helpful for those of you who deal with a lot of snow/ice!

What is a radar heater? I've never heard those two words used together. Hmmmm......in the caption of the video above, they refer to it as heated radar. Which is it?

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
What is a radar heater? I've never heard those two words used together. Hmmmm......in the caption of the video above, they refer to it as heated radar. Which is it?
It's a heater that will melt snow and ice away from the radar. When the radar sensors get caked with snow/ice it sometimes disables autopilot and cruise control.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ah ha...got it. I thought it was some sort of internal heater for the cabin. From the reports I read, it was mentioned in the same breath as the heat pump and I sort of figured it had to do with cabin temperature or something to heat the seats. Thank you for clearing that up.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
A radar heater is a microwave oven. What they are talking about here is a radome heater.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I think it's safe to say at this point that the Cybertruck will not have a radar heater...

Or Radar at all.
Sponsored