Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I know, I know. I'll just have to get used to it. I've never driven an electric vehicle before but I understand the throttle pedal regen thing. I just don't like the idea of my brake lights coming on at a threshold I don't totally control. I've been behind other people who constantly tap their brakes and I HATE IT! I don't want to be one of those people.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
It takes about 3 min to get used to and its awesome. I have a show room near me and they let me test drive a 3. Do a test drive if /when you can. The accelerator is more like a speed controller than a gas pedal and the brake pedal becomes an emergency brake

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
It takes about 3 min to get used to and its awesome. I have a show room near me and they let me test drive a 3. Do a test drive if /when you can. The accelerator is more like a speed controller than a gas pedal and the brake pedal becomes an emergency brake
How sensitive does it react when you let your for off? Sometimes I subconsciously yank my foot of the accelerator in anticipation to hit the brake when I see a situation unfolding, never intending to hit the brake unless needed. Is it really not hard to break that habit? It sure seems like it would be.

VTSkier

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD w/FSD reserved
Occupation
Software developer & Inventor
Country flag
Back when I was a civilian trucker all the "Large Cars" (fancy big rigs) had dual chrome stacks of various diameters. Lots of "concrete cowboys" are running stacks on their big diesel Dodges, Fords or Chevys. The redneck in me would love to see a set of faux chrome stacks sticking up behind the cab slightly higher than the roofline. They could be either straight up or have turn outs and maybe be able to fold down to allow the cover to be used. Zero practical purpose other than to make people go "huh?". Maybe one of the faithful that is good with photoshop could indulge my fantasy.
How about the stacks contain monster speakers and tie into the vehicle's throttle and brake data and play selectable sounds (Harley Davidson/ mega diesel/ Tie Fighter/ Millennium Falcon/ Fart Cannon)?

VTSkier

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD w/FSD reserved
Occupation
Software developer & Inventor
Country flag
The following wishlist was first compiled by @TyPope. This post is now a "wiki post" and can be edited by all members, so add your wishlist items to the list!

It's a "comprehensive wish list" of things people would like to see in the Cybertruck that hasn't already been confirmed. These are things that are NOT already confirmed by Tesla.

Cybertruck Wishlist [add yours below]:
  1. Trailer brake controls
  2. Cyber Trailer with battery to extend Cybertruck towing range.
  3. Solar Roof in addition to Solar Vault cover. The Solar Vault would add about 15 miles per day (per Elon). If adding a solar roof would add another 10 miles, it could take care of my 20 mile round-trip commute for most of the year!
  4. Heated AND cooled seats (all 6)
  5. Kneel-down for getting in/out of the Cybertruck
  6. Insulated frunk cooler (we know it has a frunk... let's make a cooler out of it!)
  7. Inclinometer
  8. Trail camera
  9. Tire inflation system
  10. Ability to pick one tire off the ground to make changing it easier. (independently controllable air shocks would do it.
  11. Free Supercharging (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)
  12. "Knight Rider" light across the front during charging.
  13. Autonomous trailer connection... Similar to Summon. You get it close to the tongue of the trailer, step out, and hit "Connect to Trailer" or something. It kneels down to get the ball under the trailer hitch, backs up appropriately, and then lifts up so that you can confirm a good connection, swing the tongue jack away, chain the trailer, and connect it electrically (including the Tesla trailer Camera which connects to the CT and lets you see behind the trailer like GM is showing in it's commercials now.
  14. Electro-chromatic glass for privacy and to help keep it cool when not occupied.
  15. Knight Rider style light that goes back and forth when charging, maybe...
  16. Access to pedestrian speaker. Enable music to be played outside.
  17. A HUD. Yes!
  18. A better dash
  19. rear seat bottoms can flop forward to create a large flat surface perfect for a mattress
  20. Four-Wheel Steering
  21. Drain plug in the rear storage compartment in vault to use as ice chest if needed.
  22. [Add yours to the list by clicking "Edit" button below]
  23. Air Horn, since on board compressor.
  24. V2G (vehicle to grid please)
How about if Tesla adds Robo-Plowing capability with short-range radar detection of the plow corners, curbs, road edges, and parked or abandoned cars buried in snowbanks and invisible through heavy snowfall. They currently have a forward looking radar as part of their sensor suite. How about streets and roads actually plowed full width all winter long without damaging either curbs or your plow? So while I'm warm in bed my Cybertruck Robo-Plow can be doing a plowing route earning me money while I sleep! Sounds like two or three Robo-Plows in my future, but I'll wait until the first one's working.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Electroluminescent wire or "laser wire" would look cool highlighting all of the sharp angles of the body at night (unfortunately I'm sure it's not going to fly with the cops). Anybody remember the series "Automan" from the 80s?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? 5135I-tWalL._AC_SY400_

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It's not that dramatic. The deceleration is P/m*V in which P is the power absorbed V the velocity and m the mass. An X weighs about 2500 kg and seems to absorb about 50 kW if you take your foot off the pedal at 60 mph (26.8 meters/sec). The deceleration would be 50000/(2500*26.8) = 0.746 m/sec^2 which is only 0.076g. So you need to plan ahead on the highway. When speeds are slower less power is absorbed but the deceleration is more dramatic because of the smaller denominator. That's when it really feels as if it's braking. The nice thing about the latest software revision is the way it handles coming to a stop using regen all the way down to 0 at which the friction brakes grab the discs and hold you stationary until you hit the accelerator again. Truely 1 pedal driving. You will come to love it.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
How sensitive does it react when you let your for off? Sometimes I subconsciously yank my foot of the accelerator in anticipation to hit the brake when I see a situation unfolding, never intending to hit the brake unless needed. Is it really not hard to break that habit? It sure seems like it would be.
Yes that was the hardest part to remember. But if you yank your foot off it responds like you stepped on the brakes. But when I got back in my truck after 20 min test drive it felt broken.... it's like when you listened to CD and didnt think they were that much better than cassettes but then you listen to cassettes again and were like wtf.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It's fundamentally no different than what you do now. You modulate driving speed by moving the pedal towards and away from the fire wall. The difference is that without regen you are limited in your ability to slow down by the amount of deceleration that drag and bearing friction provide so that if you need to slow down more than that you must move your foot to the brake, With regen it is as if there is much more drag. More like what happens when you throttle way back in a boat. One does not have to keep his foot at a specific angle in an ICE vehicle nor does he have to in a BEV equipped with regen. It is less tiring (mentally) with the regen as only the one pedal is used.

Cruise control is the best I've ever encountered. To activate pull the stalk towards you twice. Increase or decrease speed in 5 mph increments by pushing the stalk up or down and in 1 mile increments by smaller up and down movements. When approaching a car in front autopilot slows down and then speeds up again if that car accelerates or moves out of the lane and, if autopilot is in the mood, it automatically changes lanes for you and then returns to the original lane once you are past the slow car. Autopilot is disengaged by pushing the stalk in, stepping on the brake or accelerator or inputting a steering command.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes, words only go so far. It is really something you need to experience in the car. I often suggest that guys in anticipation go rent a Tesla for a weekend to get a better idea as to what they have to look forward to. But that might make the waiting even harder.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I do NOT want my brake lights to come on unless I know that they are (like hitting the brake pedal).
Bringing this up again because I just learned something from a recent video by Kim (LikeTesla) and that is that the little icon of your car that appears in the display indicates whenever the brake lights are on for whatever reason. It's pretty tiny but it is there. Presumably this will migrate to the CT.

Propwash

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Cybertruck reservation 113079593
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Taking a free test drive was my down fall. I had a reservation for a model 3, took a test drive in an S with Ludacris. And I walked out with the order papers for my new beautiful 2017 Model X. 3 years later I still get excited when I take my car out driving. Only a owner will understand what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Assuming the middle seat transforms into a center console, I'd like to see a mouse pad slide out of the front of it, complete with mouse. Also, accommodations on the ceiling to mount flip down monitors would be cool. Maybe the steering wheel transforms into a keyboard.
Sponsored