Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
My wishlist to add:

- Ability to charge other Teslas.
- Onboard NEMA 14-50 outlet on board to power small appliance.
Sponsored

Myersf

First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ordered
Occupation
IT and Aviation Professional
Country flag
4 Wheel Steering

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For fun..could someone take post#241 and a few other "wishes" and make a poll where we each have 4 picks and let's see which are the most desirable?

dennis98290

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 K2500, 77 XJ12L, 72 Lotus Europa, 86 Jeep Cherokee, Komatsu 120-5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Automatic tire inflation system” (ATIS) for the cyber truck.

Utilize the semi truck patent “Automatic tire inflation system” (ATIS) for the cyber truck. When a truck is heavily loaded the tire pressure must be increased. I normallyrun my pickup truck rear tires at 38 psi but with a 3000 pounds load I increase the tire pressure to 80 psi (these are load range E tires). Note that the center of gravity of a uniform load is pretty much over the rear axle which means the front tires are not affected. Upon unloading the truck the tire pressure has to be reduced, which takes about 90 seconds for each rear tire. It’s an annoying but necessary task! I believe the cyber truck Air Suspension System could be integrated with the ATIS System allowing the tire pressure to be automatically adjusted to loading condition. Correct tire pressure improves wear characteristics and traction, think improved safety.

Andres.FS7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Better center console for the driver or at least the option To make it a two seater in the front. Wouldn’t mind having a center console like model X or even Model Y

Last edited:

quickrch

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford E350 Van, 2014 Ford Focus SE, 2015 Volkswagen Passat, 2006 Subaru Outback Legacy
Occupation
I count things
Country flag
A few people have put it and I'd like to emphasize...
wonderfully heated and cooled seats
A floor that I can wipe out or wash out. Please nothing that wears out quickly.
darkening windows
passthrough to the trunk
movie mode when sleeping in trunk with darkening windows, climate control and optional trunk display.

Propwash

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Cybertruck reservation 113079593
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Here's the wish......I would Like to option out the Cybertruck with everything my model X has and then start adding allot of what all of you have suggested plus HUD. Is that to much to ask for

Reactions: JMF

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
My wishlist to add:

- RV trailer with: Additional batteries, solar roof, stainless steel body, 360 cameras, separate charging port
- Tesla RV parks with: Starlink internet, electricity and water hookups
- Smart Charging: With FSD, Cybertruck should be capable to drive itself to charge and return to me.

Reactions: JMF

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I would really like an option that you could select that would limit the regen when you let off the throttle just to the point that the brake lights don't come on. I do NOT want my brake lights to come on unless I know that they are (like hitting the brake pedal). Or at least an option you can select where the throttle and brakes would work like a traditional ICE vehicle if you prefer.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You really don't want to limit regen and you really don't want to get rear ended but Tesla does give you the opportunity to limit regen because there are people that just don't like it and go on for pages as to why it's a bad thing. I note that it appears you can no longer turn it off. I believe you could do that in earlier firmware versions.

If you take your foot completely off the accelerator regen will be quite aggressive and the brake lights will come on just as you would want them to because you only take your foot completely off the accelerator when you want to slow aggressively i.e. under the circumstances where your foot would go directly to the brake pedal in an ICE car. I suspect that the firmware is set up based on decelleration to mimic a vehicle without regen and this is probably tailored government requirement. If you want to slow gently as in approaching a traffic light, off ramp etc. you don't take your foot completely off the accelerator. You feather it. This takes a little while to master but not very long. And you do know when the brake lights are on - whenever the vehicle is slowing as it would via friction brake application.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You can do that with a Tesla too but you can't disengage the wheels from the motors and so they recommend that you not put it in neutral except when rolling it short distances.

The display(s) have a power meter which shows how much power is flowing and in which direction (either into or out of the battery). The equivalent to coasting is riding the pedal such that power is neither being consumed or generated (pointer at 0). The advantage is that if your coast isn't going quite the way you want it to you depress the pedal a bit to speed up or back off a bit to slow down. Yes, it's something that you will have to get used to but it wont take you very long to do that.
Sponsored