Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm not sure I agree. I can start my gas truck with a phone app but when it doesn't do anything for the doors when it's -30° outside.
Well, that seems a deficiency of your gas truck. Even my eight year old Mazda has a heater vent aimed through the mirror and door latch. (It barely does anything but it is there)

-Crissa
Sponsored

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Je voudrait des radars avant et arrière
Ces radars seraient une bonne initiative... car lors de notre dernière visite en France, nous avions cette option sur la Peugeot... qui nous a sauvés de +++ égratignures... Actuellement, notre sienna a ces options...sauf si la neige les recouvre...!!!

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 E350 XLT , 2 motor CyberTruck
Occupation
BubbleTower.com at festivals, county and state fairs.
Country flag
EXTRA LARGE TYPE/image option for the monitor for us with aging eyes!

Mounting options in cab for stuff like
fire extinguishers, flashlights, coffeepots, mini microwave, laptop tray/desk. Similar to t_track?

Exterior driver and passenger side microphone and speaker, so you can speak with someone without having to roll down the windows.

Built in (crumple zone?) air tank for air compressor. To maintain crumple zone integrity, use a rubber bladder inside the SS, with a pierce point to rupture the rubber bladder in an accident.

Dashboard/desk functionality

Hollywood is going to want bank style drive in pass throughs for their next movie. For
giving money to drug dealers/panhandlers without rolling down the windows!

Rodent proof! No gaps for mice and squirrels to enter, nest and chew.

Built in radiant solar cooling/water harvesting tech?

Heat pump hot water accessory?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
EXTRA LARGE TYPE/image option for the monitor for us with aging eyes!

Mounting options in cab for stuff like
fire extinguishers, flashlights, coffeepots, mini microwave, laptop tray/desk. Similar to t_track?

Exterior driver and passenger side microphone and speaker, so you can speak with someone without having to roll down the windows.

Built in (crumple zone?) air tank for air compressor. To maintain crumple zone integrity, use a rubber bladder inside the SS, with a pierce point to rupture the rubber bladder in an accident.

Dashboard/desk functionality

Hollywood is going to want bank style drive in pass throughs for their next movie. For
giving money to drug dealers/panhandlers without rolling down the windows!

Rodent proof! No gaps for mice and squirrels to enter, nest and chew.

Built in radiant solar cooling/water harvesting tech?

Heat pump hot water accessory?
With all that infrastructure to keep the windows closed, heaven forbid if the dog lets one loose.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 E350 XLT , 2 motor CyberTruck
Occupation
BubbleTower.com at festivals, county and state fairs.
Country flag
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2011 Tesla Roadster, 1969 280SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make the Rear View Mirror a monitor connected to the cameras that gives driver an unobstructed rear view.

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Storage compartments in the dash reachable from the driver's side. I personally want a lockable vault for my handgun and other valuable content.

CyberPatrick

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Travel Agent
Country flag
I know many of you out there have all kinds of plans for your CT that have to do with camping and extended road trips. I am trying to think outside the box and as much as I would love to see Tesla announce a line of cargo vans similar to the Mercedes Sprinter chassis with extended wheelbase, rather than wait, my plan is to take matters into my own hands and control the things necessary to accomplish this once I take delivery of my CT. I am already working with a reputable third party van conversion company as we develop preliminary plans to convert my CT into a Class B motorhome, travel adventure van. Any ideas on how to best accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking along the lines of having a limousine conversion company taking my brand new CT (ordered 05 July 2020) and cutting it in half, extending the wheelbase, and then building a cargo van shell for the new vehicle. The front row of seats could then be replaced with 2 full swivel bucket seats (to have functional access to the rear cargo van area) with fully functional center console. The back row of seats could be eliminated (do not need them as this is just for my bride and me.) I would then take my new Cybervan to a third party and have it fully outfitted for extended road trips (3 or 4 months at a time) with the majority of our camping off grid in boondocking locations. Any and all ideas welcome. Food for thought and one last vision I would like to pass along with this initial post. Just imagine having this fully outfitted travel adventure Cybervan where you can sit in your driveway at home, program your first destination into the computer and then let the Full Self Driving mode handle it from there. You and your wife can then go into the living quarters, relax, read a book, have dinner, watch some Netflix, shower and go to bed. When you wake up in the morning, you find yourself parked in the rest stop or Walmart parking lot or wherever you programmed ahead of time. After cooking a nice breakfast and going out for a walk, you plan out your next day and go from there! Perhaps not happening tomorrow, nor maybe not even when I am fortunate enough to take delivery, but if anyone can make this a reality sooner than later, Elon is the man!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I was thinking along the lines of having a limousine conversion company taking my brand new CT (ordered 05 July 2020) and cutting it in half, extending the wheelbase, and then building a cargo van shell for the new vehicle.
Bold move! It makes me wonder though how FSD would handle this. I get the image of a teenager that suddenly had a growth spurt and ends up really clumsy because his brain hasn't figured out the full extent of his extremities yet.

CyberPatrick

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Travel Agent
Country flag
Bold move! It makes me wonder though how FSD would handle this. I get the image of a teenager that suddenly had a growth spurt and ends up really clumsy because his brain hasn't figured out the full extent of his extremities yet.
Yes, so true. Another concern of mine about cutting the CT in half is the possible complications involving the solid castings and the structural battery pack. I was hoping by the time I take delivery of my CT, Tesla will have a part number on the entire battery pack that could be ordered through their service center. Then I would like to buy this second battery pack and make it available to completely power all the components of the travel adventure van such as induction cooktop, oven, microwave, A/C and heater such as something like Mitsubishi Minisplit ductless system for homes, compressor refrigerator, separate external ice maker, water pumps, recirculating UV purification shower system that provides unlimited hot water showers without using up your freshwater tank nor filling up your grey water tank, unlimited hot water on demand recirculating system for galley sink and outside shower, composting toilet (no black water tank needed), R/O water system to be able to easily convert lake and stream water for unlimited supply of potable water. The second battery pack would have a dual use as it could also extend the driving range of the CT.

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, so true. Another concern of mine about cutting the CT in half is the possible complications involving the solid castings and the structural battery pack. I was hoping by the time I take delivery of my CT, Tesla will have a part number on the entire battery pack that could be ordered through their service center. Then I would like to buy this second battery pack and make it available to completely power all the components of the travel adventure van such as induction cooktop, oven, microwave, A/C and heater such as something like Mitsubishi Minisplit ductless system for homes, compressor refrigerator, separate external ice maker, water pumps, recirculating UV purification shower system that provides unlimited hot water showers without using up your freshwater tank nor filling up your grey water tank, unlimited hot water on demand recirculating system for galley sink and outside shower, composting toilet (no black water tank needed), R/O water system to be able to easily convert lake and stream water for unlimited supply of potable water. The second battery pack would have a dual use as it could also extend the driving range of the CT.
I wonder if your aftermarket concept is possible as the wiring and electronics to handle charging 2 packs and power delivery for all the applications could be quite complex.

CyberPatrick

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Travel Agent
Country flag
I wonder if your aftermarket concept is possible as the wiring and electronics to handle charging 2 packs and power delivery for all the applications could be quite complex.
Good point. I agree with not only that aspect of things, but all the other additional complex interfaces such as the FSD camera system, self leveling suspension, etc. I would love to purchase an an authorized Tesla service manual with wiring diagrams for the CT once it becomes available., so if anyone hears of one being available for purchase, please let me know.
Sponsored