Cybrtrk Alterations. What do you all think?

cybrtrk mods

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk
Occupation
construction
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybrtrk Alterations. What do you all think? Screenshot_20200106-031928_Firefox

What do you all think of this design. If Tesla could make even these slight alterations I believe that it would send the preorders thru the roof. Cropping the top of the point off alone would make a huge difference and I don't think it would effect the strength of the exoskeleton.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Screenshot_20200106-031928_Firefox.jpg

What do you all think of this design. If Tesla could make even these slight alterations I believe that it would send the preorders thru the roof. Cropping the top of the point off alone would make a huge difference and I don't think it would effect the strength of the exoskeleton.
Its a video of analysis of design. Chopping the top alters the strength of the triangle design.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect the final production version will include some tweaks; time will tell.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
dont like the rounded roof....looks like a plain box without the peak.....hard pass from me!

black is fine, but still want mine to be stainless....

OP
OP
cybrtrk mods

cybrtrk mods

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk
Occupation
construction
Country flag
dont like the rounded roof....looks like a plain box without the peak.....hard pass from me!

black is fine, but still want mine to be stainless....
It's actually not rounded. If you image a straight line just cropping the point of the peak off and giving an additional flat surface. Definitely agree that rounded would not look good.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
It is a nice looking rendering. Black stainless appliances are my favorite. The additional bevel on top seems to lower driver visibility. Murdered out is a good look.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Preorders are already through the roof :) Per the homepage news story - Tesla Cybertruck Reservation Numbers Surpass 500k!

I like your suggestion though. Giving the bed somewhat of a bed look would be nice. I've seen renderings with a much shorter cab than in your image but the look with a long bed (like a traditional pickup) was weird. Your design would be a good compromise. Remember, the design and size of the CT may change a little for production so it's still possible.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

I'm no engineer, but cropping the top will be a huge modification, in terms of affecting the strength of the exo. There's a reason my dude did it this way.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm gonna guess that with 1 Million "pre-orders" for the original looking design, Tesla does not have any incentive whatsoever to change the exterior/structure of the CT whatsoever... what they are doing now is working

I do like the render though,

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag

Immediately thought 'Cybertruck EL Camino'. I like the El Camino but I'll pass, I like the Cybertruck the way it is. Sweet rims though.
Sponsored