Cybertruck delivery delayed due to recall

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
I was scheduled to pick up my Beast on April 15th. Then they postponed the delivery due to the recall.
I spoke with the showroom once last week and once this week (Monday 05/06) and both times they said the recall is done. But that the truck is in service for something. First person said they are holding because they want to push most recent firmware and to push the firmware they need to disconnect the battery. This seems strange but he said that's all he could see on his end.
I called again on Monday and all they said is that its being prepped and should clear service on Thursday. But that I should call Friday to double check.
First sales rep also mentioned that since its taking this long they can look for another beast and give me a different truck ( this concerned me bit, since it looks like my truck needs a lot of work).

I am a bit concerned they are doing a lot more work than I know, replacing parts or having to fix SS body and this will negatively impact my future ownership.

Anyone else with similar experience?
Sponsored

Ri22

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 CT
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag
Just out of curiosity have "Fully" you paid yet? I'm getting the run-a-round in a similar fashion, they told me it was here then it was still in Austin. Said it should be on transport, (Friday 5/3) now crickets. Guess all those layoffs are messing with logistics. I decided I'm not paying until I have a delivery date.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck & Model Y
Occupation
Director of Li-Ion Cell/Battery Manufacturing
Country flag
I have a similar bizarre story:
  • After confirming the pickup date of Thursday May 2 and making my initial ~10k payment, I was told that it didn't pass inspection and when requiring the details of what it was that failed, I was then told that it did pass inspection and that there was an error in communication with this, but since the time/date had passed I could get it on Saturday at 5:30pm.
  • When complaining about this slow response, I was informed that the date could be pulled in to be picked up on Friday at 4pm.
  • Then, on Friday at 10am I got a call from a guy from the St. Pete Tesla Service Center and he wanted to push my delivery again from May 3 at 4pm to May 7 at 2pm. He didn't know why it was being pushed again but said he'd get back with me.
  • He called back around noon to inform me that when their cleaning crew went to the truck to move it for preparation of delivery (final wash) the truck wouldn't shift into gear and when a technician went to look at it he couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting to the internet, which apparently is a requirement to shift (??).
  • Since the technician that was given this ticket to fix would not back until Monday morning the 6th of May, they will leave the pickup date for Tuesday at 2pm and call before the end of day on Monday to confirm if it has been fixed or if the delivery needs to pushed again.
  • On Monday I was informed that it would not be ready for Tuesday pickup and that it would have to be pushed to much later in the week. The app then showed Saturday the 11th of May for delivery.
  • Tuesday there was still no good information on what the root cause of the problem is, so no corrective action.
  • I'd pretty much had it by Tuesday at 4pm, so I cancelled the reservations I'd made for my long road trip plans and then wrote a message to a number I had received updates from previously (not via the app) that I don't want this problematic vehicle and that I would rather take a different truck even if I had to go to Tampa Service Center to get it.
  • Within 20 minutes they wrote me back that I had a new VIN and could pick it up Wednesday the 8th at 2pm. WTF! The new VIN is in the mid 8000's, whereas my previous one was in the lower 5000's ā€¦ so that seems strange. But, at least my road trip is back on!
  • Hopefully it is not a cluster f*#k tomorrow afternoon and the vehicle is in great shape.

Robbo

First Name
Robbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, M3, MY
Country flag
I am getting a similar story. My pick up on 4/17 delayed for recall. Then they moved my truck to a different SC. I was about to pick it up last week, but they told me it was waiting for a part. After some digging I found out it was the wiper motor. Itā€™s now tentatively scheduled to pick up on 5/18. I got a text yesterday saying it would be ready early and to reschedule in the app. I wasnā€™t able to, so I texted. They said it was an automated text mistakenly sent. Similar text today. I have already paid and have been paying for insurance for almost a month. I was looking forward to this truck, but if my delivery is delayed again, Iā€™ll wait a few years till the issues are straightened out.

OP
OP

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Just out of curiosity have "Fully" you paid yet? I'm getting the run-a-round in a similar fashion, they told me it was here then it was still in Austin. Said it should be on transport, (Friday 5/3) now crickets. Guess all those layoffs are messing with logistics. I decided I'm not paying until I have a delivery date.
I did 3rd party Financing with EECU for 80K and the rest I told them Ill bring 2 cashers checks for around 55K. Every time I talk to them in the app or over the phone they ask me about the 80K payment, Then I tell them its submitted and then they find it. But I had delivery scheduled actually for Saturday 4/13 and I asked them to move it to the 15th, so they were satisfied with the payment situation.

OP
OP

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
That sounds strange. My original delivery was also 4/15 but the recall pushed it to 4/21. Iā€™m not sure why yours is much longer unless they did not receive your vehicle by 4/15.
Exactly and when they told me the recall was finished a while back I was a bit perplexed to the holdup. Sales said they can see its in service so I think its there and not In austin

OP
OP

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
I have a similar bizarre story:
  • After confirming the pickup date of Thursday May 2 and making my initial ~10k payment, I was told that it didn't pass inspection and when requiring the details of what it was that failed, I was then told that it did pass inspection and that there was an error in communication with this, but since the time/date had passed I could get it on Saturday at 5:30pm.
  • When complaining about this slow response, I was informed that the date could be pulled in to be picked up on Friday at 4pm.
  • Then, on Friday at 10am I got a call from a guy from the St. Pete Tesla Service Center and he wanted to push my delivery again from May 3 at 4pm to May 7 at 2pm. He didn't know why it was being pushed again but said he'd get back with me.
  • He called back around noon to inform me that when their cleaning crew went to the truck to move it for preparation of delivery (final wash) the truck wouldn't shift into gear and when a technician went to look at it he couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting to the internet, which apparently is a requirement to shift (??).
  • Since the technician that was given this ticket to fix would not back until Monday morning the 6th of May, they will leave the pickup date for Tuesday at 2pm and call before the end of day on Monday to confirm if it has been fixed or if the delivery needs to pushed again.
  • On Monday I was informed that it would not be ready for Tuesday pickup and that it would have to be pushed to much later in the week. The app then showed Saturday the 11th of May for delivery.
  • Tuesday there was still no good information on what the root cause of the problem is, so no corrective action.
  • I'd pretty much had it by Tuesday at 4pm, so I cancelled the reservations I'd made for my long road trip plans and then wrote a message to a number I had received updates from previously (not via the app) that I don't want this problematic vehicle and that I would rather take a different truck even if I had to go to Tampa Service Center to get it.
  • Within 20 minutes they wrote me back that I had a new VIN and could pick it up Wednesday the 8th at 2pm. WTF! The new VIN is in the mid 8000's, whereas my previous one was in the lower 5000's ā€¦ so that seems strange. But, at least my road trip is back on!
  • Hopefully it is not a cluster f*#k tomorrow afternoon and the vehicle is in great shape.
Sounds very similar. Mine is also 5K Vin. I bet they are having some issue.
I am going to message them in the app and request a new truck.
My Loan requires insurance and they started to bill me, my first payment is in 10days and I haven't even seen the truck

OP
OP

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Well decided to text them both in the app and to the number that was sending me updates. Lets see where it leads. I will stop by the Showroom tomorrow as well if I dont get any communication today

OP
OP

StainlessVoyager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Update, as I suspected the truck was sitting with Tesla for weeks. They cancelled my original delivery date and were not able to give me new date because there was a scratch in the interior trim. Part had no ETA, I was given an option to accept it as is and come in later when the part arrives. In general truck looked fine but not great, so I asked for a new one. Within 4-5 days I got new Vin and have new delivery date scheduled.
Sponsored