Kiwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Configured 12/28 AWD. Got my VIN few weeks ago. Anyways I found that my cybertruck was in Nashville on 4/16 and was told just to wait for a call on the delivery date. I got sick of waiting and called Tesla Nashville and they said it was ready for delivery so picked delivery date of tomorrow, 4/23. I asked if the car was cleaned up for delivery and they said it would be done either today or tomorrow and they don’t do any preparation for delivery until there was a delivery appointment. Not sure why they waited a week and wandered what if I didn’t call to ask about status.

Ok here in Nashville to pickup and it is dirty. I expected clean and shiny in the showroom for pickup but it is outside and dirty. My 2018 M3 pickup experience was so cool. In the showroom, my name on the car, and clean. Maybe I had too high of an expectation of the car being clean.
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Configured 12/28 AWD. Got my VIN few weeks ago. Anyways I found that my cybertruck was in Nashville on 4/16 and was told just to wait for a call on the delivery date. I got sick of waiting and called Tesla Nashville and they said it was ready for delivery so picked delivery date of tomorrow, 4/23. I asked if the car was cleaned up for delivery and they said it would be done either today or tomorrow and they don’t do any preparation for delivery until there was a delivery appointment. Not sure why they waited a week and wandered what if I didn’t call to ask about status.

Ok here in Nashville to pickup and it is dirty. I expected clean and shiny in the showroom for pickup but it is outside and dirty. My 2018 M3 pickup experience was so cool. In the showroom, my name on the car, and clean. Maybe I had too high of an expectation of the car being clean.
Did you wait for them to clean it before accepting delivery? Any other noticeable problems on the CT other than it being dirty?

Krupesh0502

First Name
Kru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I am picking up mine Saturday from same Dealer. Hopefully they clean my truck.

daddyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

Talked to a buddy in Utah who has his Cybertruck. He said here’s a word of advice, when you are assigned a VIN it means your Truck is at the local dealership. Sitting there. They won’t contact you for sometimes 3-4 weeks. So if you have your VIN assigned go straight to the dealership and just start the process. I thought that was super weird. But might be something to keep in mind. I’m def heading straight there the day it’s assigned. I’ve heard from multiple sources also that the Delivery experience is pretty crappy. It’s kind of unfortunate but oh well, I’ll take my dirty truck wash it and hopefully never see them again for a long time.

OP
OP

Kengineer

First Name
Kiwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No issues but it was harder to part with my cashier check. The drive from Nashville to Huntsville was great. Only thing was that my leg got warm from the sun from the front windshield. Definitely getting tint. Yeah waited but still not really clean. It was a half hearted attempt so figured I would do it myself. They had like 20 cybertruck outside and some inside in the bays.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No issues but it was harder to part with my cashier check. The drive from Nashville to Huntsville was great. Only thing was that my leg got warm from the sun from the front windshield. Definitely getting tint. Yeah waited but still not really clean. It was a half hearted attempt so figured I would do it myself. They had like 20 cybertruck outside and some inside in the bays.
Legs warm from front windshield when travelling south? That sounds more like the passenger window.

Just adjust the A/C vent directions and which vents are open.

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
Talked to a buddy in Utah who has his Cybertruck. He said here’s a word of advice, when you are assigned a VIN it means your Truck is at the local dealership. Sitting there. They won’t contact you for sometimes 3-4 weeks. So if you have your VIN assigned go straight to the dealership and just start the process. I thought that was super weird. But might be something to keep in mind. I’m def heading straight there the day it’s assigned. I’ve heard from multiple sources also that the Delivery experience is pretty crappy. It’s kind of unfortunate but oh well, I’ll take my dirty truck wash it and hopefully never see them again for a long time.
With my truck my VIN was assigned the same day that the sticker on my truck states as the day of manufacture (4/10/24). I’m also in Utah, and yes they do have a lot of undelivered trucks for whatever reason with VINs from 3xxx up to 78xx (at least as of Monday). I went there looking for my VIN, found it, talked with an advisor there and they scheduled my delivery for the next day. No one ever reached out to me but the personnel there were great.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

What Date Did you get your VIN assigned ?

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I am picking up mine Saturday from same Dealer. Hopefully they clean my truck.
Can you give us the details of your order ?

* first 5 of RN

* date you configured your truck

* date you got your VIN

* VIN Number range (6800, 4500, etc)

* Date you took delivery (if applicable)

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
With my truck my VIN was assigned the same day that the sticker on my truck states as the day of manufacture (4/10/24). I’m also in Utah, and yes they do have a lot of undelivered trucks for whatever reason with VINs from 3xxx up to 78xx (at least as of Monday). I went there looking for my VIN, found it, talked with an advisor there and they scheduled my delivery for the next day. No one ever reached out to me but the personnel there were great.
What date did you take delivery ?

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Picked up in Kennesaw on 4/23. Took talking to the GM to get out of purgatory. Then 24 hours later I had it. Birmingham here.

Krupesh0502

First Name
Kru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Can you give us the details of your order ?

* first 5 of - RN 11280

* date you configured your truck - 01/19/2024

* date you got your VIN - 04/23-2023

* VIN Number range (6800, 4500, etc) - 5636

* Date you took delivery (if applicable) - 04/27/2024

OP
OP

Kengineer

First Name
Kiwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Reserved the first night, VIN is almost 7000, configured 12/28, VIN received 4/10
Sponsored