Guzbul

First Name
Forest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I’ve been waiting for the Model Y to have a more dog friendly Tesla than my Model 3. However, if the back window in the Cybertruck can open that would work just fine. Top cover closed, window cracked - good enough.
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
We do not know yet. Access to the bed is likely

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Not sure how rolling tonneau and bed access will work together. My personal preference is a solid tri-fold tonneau and then have the window roll down behind the seats. Maybe they will come up with something better but I have winter concerns for that rolling tonneau. Would also be easier/cheaper to have a tri-fold solar bed cover than one that has to roll up.

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
My guess is the back window will open if you added that option. Just like all other trucks available it is an option. And a very easy option to add.

Elon would be dropping the ball "Pun intended" if he didn't offer this option.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
If you look under the rear window, there's limited space for it to roll down into due to the way it slopes in under the window. You also probably wouldn't be able to use the rolling tonneau while the window is down.

Tesla Cybertruck Does the back window open? tesla-cybertruck-bed-cover

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
Who says the windows needs to roll down? Most back windows on trucks slide to the side.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Yeah that would work well. Was picturing the same as the Tundra for some reason. A nice big sliding opening would be great.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Also thinking about driving with my dogs and contemplating worst case scenario. Going on the assumption the pass through will be small and no sliding widow, I plan on making a section in the back for the tonneau cover partial close and the fabricated section will have a dome for the dogs to see out and adjustable vents for them to get their face out the window high. Close vents and have the climate control take care of the rear on extreme temperature days. Plan only works for me if there is a pass through so I can interact with them during the drive. Assumes cover can stop partial way.
If not, covering the back seats and floors, and 12 hours of vacuuming husky fur out of the cab.
Sliding window or large pass through would negate the need of manufacturing an end unit.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to make a roll down rear window work with the roll up tonneau cover. I looks like space for the cover is inside of the vault, right behind the lower backs of the rear seats.

A roll down window would be great. It add's a ton of ventilation when going down the road, plus it would give you access to the vault, which Elon said it would have. Time will tell

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The more you guys talk about this the harder I think it is going to be to design something that works at the level the Eloniacs have grown to expect from Him.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I think having a way to get the back window out of the way for access between the cab & bed of the truck is HUGE. How about if you can't roll down the back window, put it on hinges so you could flip it up and secure it inside the roof of the cab. Here's a photo my son took yesterday showing why it's important to get that window out of the way. How much better would it be to have your board LOCKED inside the vault! Also I agree, it makes sense to have the cover work like a power window and be able to stop it in any position. Not just open or closed.
Tesla Cybertruck Does the back window open? boardprb

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think having a way to get the back window out of the way for access between the cab & bed of the truck is HUGE. How about if you can't roll down the back window, put it on hinges so you could flip it up and secure it inside the roof of the cab. Here's a photo my son took yesterday showing why it's important to get that window out of the way. How much better would it be to have your board LOCKED inside the vault! Also I agree, it makes sense to have the cover work like a power window and be able to stop it in any position. Not just open or closed.
boardprb.jpg
Yes yes! But instead of flip it can slide up. I also want the vault cover to stop. It would be nice to block rear window while loading crap on the bed to prevent breaking. Yes I know its bullet proof.

Last edited:

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
One thing we can all see...there needs to be a lot of thought about how to open the vault to the passenger area....
I'd like the whole window/wall to get out of the way so someone can sleep in the vault with their head on the back seat, both for driving down the road and in camp mode.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Yes yes! But instead of flip it can slide up. I also want the vault cover to stop. It would be nice to block rear window while loading crap on the bed to prevent breaking. Yes I know its bullet proof.
True, I had to make a few protective screens for our work trucks back in my working life. Loading things and hitting the brakes while driving have been known to break a few back windows of trucks.
Sponsored