CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You exceeded a vehicle's load rating and couldn't go up a hill.

That's more a shitty driver than a shitty car.

-Crissa
My apologies, i guess the performance of a vehicle can't be a factor of whether it's good or not if it does what it's intended to do. Guess that means the cheapest car on the market is on par with the Plaid Model S in terms of being not shitty.

Personally i'm still going to believe that a car should be able to drive up a moderate hill if it's carrying one additional passenger. 3 fit men probably total weight around 500-520lbs, 2 very small women which is probably about 200-220lbs, and one larger woman around 160-170lbs. on the high estimate that's about 810lbs, maybe another 40 or so for clothes which puts it at a Honda CRV load limit of 850lbs. I guess the excess weight must have been purses and the one overnight carry on bag in the trunk that she brings when she visits her boyfriend. The hill was maybe 30 degrees incline.

I also paused in the middle of typing this to do a very quick google search for things like Honda CRV uphill, Honda CRV can't go uphill, Honda CRV loss of power uphill. There is no shortage of posts about this issue, including by people who have a single passenger and no cargo loaded in the back. So I will personally continue to believe it's kind of a shitty vehicle, but like i've said already, a trade of quality for affordability is something that some people need. Personally I need my vehicles to drive uphill because, if I were ever to buy a vehicle and then I can't maintain speed going up a moderate incline, I will turn around and go downhill back to where I bought it to make a return.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
First car for me, 1980 used Toyota pickup, 2wd shortbed, 4 cylinder 4 speed manual transmission.

major repairs, radiator and new clutch. Also needed to replace the accelerator cable, frayed on me.

One of the most fun to drive when I had performance radials on it. (I never was into the lower the truck crowd, everything stock)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Great, one more issue. I will have to see what the CT comes with for a door release mechanism. The sad thing is, Elon has repeatedly said the best fix is the one that eliminates parts. That S door handle fix video did not look like they sought to reduce the parts whatsoever in the S Door.

I'm sincerely hoping the CT isn't a millennial vehicle, where you just say it's good, and if you believe it's good, it will be. For some reason, I expect a good solid truck for my money. At this point, with various reports I've read and seen on Teslas and certainly with Elon's silence; I'm a bit concerned. peace
We all have too much time to be anxious and worry about this truck. I am certainly guilty of doing the same. I really like the Teslas I have driven and I believe in the Tesla mantra of simplicity and functionality. My concerns are not about the functionality of the CT but of when i will get one. I wish that Tesla would update us on the features and specs, or let a few prototypes out on the road for us to talk about, but I doubt that would stop anyone from wondering, worrying, or suggesting ideals.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
No door handles would be cool! I wonder if they decided to eliminate the door handle cut-out as a primary focus? The doors are ~3mm thick after all.

Interesting related fact: The originally designed fuel door (aka gas flap) on the DeLorean was eliminated after a couple thousand cars, because the stainless panel supplier (British Steel) had problems with the hoods cracking around the 2 corners when they were stamping them, and were therefore wasting hoods.
Tesla Cybertruck Door handle issue 20210620_195423

Tesla Cybertruck Door handle issue 20210620_195431

As a longer term result, the early cars that have the fuel door are rarer, and desirable to some people.
Sponsored