Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Correct. Our regular ultrabright lights work in all internal locations, and seem to work for most people in the doors as well (just not in ours, but I'm starting to think ours is jinxed). We've not been able to get any projection puddle lights working yet.
I have a 007xxx Cyberbeast ViN I would be happy to pay for and try the projection puddle lights if you want a larger sample size of if they work. Let’s Chat ^^.

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Looks good!

Looks like a pain to install idk if i would want to take it all apart
The ones in the driver and passenger footwell were tricky, and getting the trim off the center console in the middle was properly annoying. The back seat ones were dead simple TBH, and I didn't even do what they do in the video for the two underseat lights.. I was able to do them from the footwell without having to disasemble anything. The Puddle lights are tricky to get removed, but not hard. Just takes a bit of effort. All in, took about 30-45 minutes for all 10

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Just got done installing these by @AO-Pete (Abstract Ocean). Love the look!

I have to say that some of the locations are a bit of a bear, but it wasn’t hard overall.

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg
Just got done installing these by @AO-Pete (Abstract Ocean). Love the look!

I have to say that some of the locations are a bit of a bear, but it wasn’t hard overall.

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg

IMG_1230.gif

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
@AO-Pete if and when you get the puddle lights to work, please make a Cerberus logo set and put me down for the first batch to ship!

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
Now are these lights always on or do they turn off while driving or are they dimmable?

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Now are these lights always on or do they turn off while driving or are they dimmable?
They're the footwell lights. You can turn them on or off in the lights section. They aren't dimmable, but they're not so bright that I'd want them off either.

Travis64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla mp3 and awd cybertruck
Country flag
The ones in the driver and passenger footwell were tricky, and getting the trim off the center console in the middle was properly annoying. The back seat ones were dead simple TBH, and I didn't even do what they do in the video for the two underseat lights.. I was able to do them from the footwell without having to disasemble anything. The Puddle lights are tricky to get removed, but not hard. Just takes a bit of effort. All in, took about 30-45 minutes for all 10
Can you install mine lol

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
They're the footwell lights. You can turn them on or off in the lights section. They aren't dimmable, but they're not so bright that I'd want them off either.
Awesome thank you

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
Hi all. Pete from AO here...to answer a few of the questions....

1. Cybertruck is incredibly fussy about what's plugged into it. For this reason, the internal bulbs are (for now) static colors. We might try an RGB version in the future, but not any time soon (RGB bulbs are always less bright, that's the downside of selectable color).
  2. The puddle (door) locations continue to be extremely problematic. In our VIN (1000), nothing will work for long, other than the factory lights (which are the same p/n as Highland). For most customers, the ultra-bright lights will work in the door locations. These are dumb, 16v endpoints (no control wire), so I'm not sure why they're so fussy.
  3. Projection lights in the doors, so far, have been a complete failure. This includes Tesla's own "TESLA" projection light they sell in China. The Cybertruck projection shown up thread was taken in a Highland, on the basis they use the same factory bulbs, but turns out that assumption wasn't a good one. Version 14 is due in the mail tomorrow to try {sigh}
  4. Yes, you can find cheaper lights, but having sold these things for a decade, I am extremely confident our ultra-brights are the best quality available. They're made in Tiawan (in the world of LED's, Tiawan is very different to China) by a manufacturer that supplies millions of bulbs to a major German OEM. We offer a lifetime warranty, and I'm not worried doing that, the 2014 Model S loaner that I have from Tesla right now arrived with them installed - this is often the case, having sold close on half a million of them.
@Crissa this is where I found out its 16v

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks.

It sorta makes sense, they didn't need new custom hardware everywhere; so there must be little DCDC boards somewhere in the branch.

-Crissa
yup probably cheaper to do that than to have all new 48v LED bulbs created.

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
2024 CT, 2024 Model 3 Highland, 2022 R1T
Occupation
AO Founder & CEO, IT guy by day.
Country flag

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
2024 CT, 2024 Model 3 Highland, 2022 R1T
Occupation
AO Founder & CEO, IT guy by day.
Country flag
Actually, they are dimmable, I honestly can't remember if the CT acts the same as every Tesla (full brightness when parked, dimmed when driving), but I assume it does. Ours is still stuck in service, so can't check.
Sponsored