Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Random rant: What is it with these reviewers and this BS label "lifestyle truck"? Edmunds doing the same. What exactly is a "lifestyle" pickup according to the truck-use legitimacy police like Doug Demuro and Edmunds? Is it just "lifestyle" pickup use if you need it to carry stuff smaller than plywood sheets or less than 5x a week or what, exactly? (I carry a bunch of mechanical parts for a business I own. I guess not "real" work?) And as an aside, isn't an F250 dually a "lifestyle" truck if you are mainly towing an RV cross-country and an R1T a "work truck" if you are dragging your landscaping trailer 100 miles a day around town?

The nonsense with reviewers passing judgement on what is a "lifestyle" versus a "work" truck is moronic. CT and R1T and so forth are no more or less lifestyle trucks than any other. And, no, most of us do not buy these to "look cool" as Doug asserts. We buy them to get the swiss army knife practicality Franz describes when we need it, for the stuff that is important to us. I fill the bed with boxes in my R1T when I am volunteering a few times a month for a non-profit. That counts as legit truck stuff to me. Rant over.
About a year ago l loosely wrote here and on others 'Stainless Steel Swiss Army Knife Transportation Vehicle Of The CENTURY!'
Standing by that..........
We NEED just one to be shipped DownUnder ......Elon?.....Elon?.............Elon?
Sponsored

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Random rant: What is it with these reviewers and this BS label "lifestyle truck"? Edmunds doing the same. What exactly is a "lifestyle" pickup according to the truck-use legitimacy police like Doug Demuro and Edmunds? Is it just "lifestyle" pickup use if you need it to carry stuff smaller than plywood sheets or less than 5x a week or what, exactly? (I carry a bunch of mechanical parts for a business I own. I guess not "real" work?) And as an aside, isn't an F250 dually a "lifestyle" truck if you are mainly towing an RV cross-country and an R1T a "work truck" if you are dragging your landscaping trailer 100 miles a day around town?

The nonsense with reviewers passing judgement on what is a "lifestyle" versus a "work" truck is moronic. CT and R1T and so forth are no more or less lifestyle trucks than any other. And, no, most of us do not buy these to "look cool" as Doug asserts. We buy them to get the swiss army knife practicality Franz describes when we need it, for the stuff that is important to us. I fill the bed with boxes in my R1T when I am volunteering a few times a month for a non-profit. That counts as legit truck stuff to me. Rant over.
Solid rant, Bob

8/10

-2 points for lack of profanity and personal insults..: 😂😂

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
You gotta love it. Such bold presence and brash demeanor; simply demands attention and admiration...Oh, and Doug is pretty fly too 🤓
Doug 'Demeanor' DeMuro
Hope he finds Thissssss 'collaboration' fun & quirky!
( No DeMands indented )

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I took that as tongue-in-cheek fun. The review is overwhelmingly positive. Doug obviously loves the Cybertruck. :)
The arm part may well have been a joke, but he literally says:
"there is nothing stopping it from closing on you."

But there is a pinch sensor stopping it from closing on you which is easily demonstrable.
He used a t shirt, basically the one thing thin and pliable enough not to trigger the pinch sensor.

Carmino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck Foundation AWD
The arm part may well have been a joke, but he literally says:
"there is nothing stopping it from closing on you."

But there is a pinch sensor stopping it from closing on you which is easily demonstrable.
He used a t shirt, basically the one thing thin and pliable enough not to trigger the pinch sensor.
Alright, but if my Flat Stanley school project from 1999 comes to life, it's good to know the frunk might close on it.

Duncan Idaho

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Foundation Dual Motor
Occupation
Investor
Country flag

Great rant. I agree.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
This guy has personality and some good information, but not very impressed with the review. A car guy should know the rust wasn't the HFS corroding or "premature wear". He missed the opportunity to educate about rail dust and/or environmental fallout being the culprit. Most people aren't wrapping for this reason, they either hate fingerprints and/or just like different colors!!

BESTNJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
Financial Compliance
Country flag

Absolutely agree with you!

Here is another thought:

Work trucks = outfitted with a set of flashing amber lights, tool boxes and other power equipment, and the vehicles are usually acquired via a fleet program.

Everything (pickup truck category) else = "lifestyle"

BTW, if you can drive your truck to a wedding or birthday party or grocery shopping, then it is not a "work truck". So, a Ford-950 (if there is a such thing) is a "lifestyle truck" if people use it to carry their kids to soccer practice.
Sponsored