Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
My wife's Y LR w/AB would take that Deamsicle... if she has a high SOC, of course.

SS

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
Hmm. I reckon my 4 year old Model S with a 1/2 SOC, and loaded down with 5 people and the hatch full of cargo could beat this Mustang? The answer is yes. By a lot.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
There is another video where a gentleman takes an older car and races it against a Tesla, blows the doors off the poor Tesla. ??

The Tesla should have stayed home and IN bed! ?

One problem that gas/diesel vehicles have is when the gas pedal is pushed there is a 1/2-1 + second lag and the vehicle does "nothing".

Seen it with races and "tow this truck against that car"....

But once that lag is handled then BAAAAA BYE Tesla. ?

A good thing about EVs is the instant PEP. ?

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Very few cars have the take-off of a Tesla. That you can have a higher top speed is irrelevant on the street.

Also... A sports coupe is having trouble beating a family wagon that costs $10k less?

-Crissa

Last edited:

Frankenblob

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Tyler Oliveira: "If you beat my Tesla in a race... you get to keep it (youtube).

From about 3:24 of the video.

Once you take the LAG away from the gas pedal, Tesla is... MEH, pretty good.

BA BA BYEEEEEEEE Tesla, and the guy spent less than a quarter of what the Tesla cost - 1978 car with simple technology ( American ingenuity and couple it with pride in that gentlemans work. This does not factor in the car only had rear we'll drive and the Tesla most likely had AWD and ludicrous mode) that makes some of today's "engineers" look bad. ??

p.s. The Lamborghini has little to no lag, but still some. C'mon Elon put up a Tesla dragster and watch it get smoked.

Last edited:

Frankenblob

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Tesla is doing a good job of bringing the idea of "muscle cars" into the here and now with their EVs.

A new word needs to be coined as muscle car was then and "_____" would be for now.

Goooooo Elonski Muskovite!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Straightline speed runs. Boring. Been there.

Handling is the test of man and machine. Suspension dynamics, unsprung weight, corner weights and car balance. In the right hands, an experienced driver can test the limits of engineering in road race and Baja conditions. It’s all about the thrill of driving.

Here in the this clip is taught manufacturer “nanny” features that eliminate the driver to keep its vehicle in a zone of safety. Absolutely, its launch feature a true “control“ in the name of safety. Thrill is baked out of the car to control the driver.

Tesla appear to not have chosen to override driver inputs. Kudos to its confidence and engineering accumen. I am less concerned going “drive-by-wire” if full command remains under driver control. Assist devices remain driver controllable. Digital features in software hopefully remain rather than the Apple practice of deprecating and outright removing features at will.

Like what I’m learning about Tesla.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag

The specs on the Shelby GT500 says it should blow away the Model Y. Real life isn’t all about specifications.
With an effective price of $95.5K for the 2020 GT500, why are they comparing it to the model Y? The power, the price, and the passenger count should put it against the roadster or the model S. Even the Model X would be a more appropriate comparison.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
With an effective price of $95.5K for the 2020 GT500, why are they comparing it to the model Y? The power, the price, and the passenger count should put it against the roadster or the model S. Even the Model X would be a more appropriate comparison.
I think you are missing the point. By putting it up against the slowest "P" Tesla makes, it said a lot more that way, didn't it? At least it sure did to me... It's not at all about the money/price. If anything, it's shameful just what a "pregnant catfish", as someone referred to the Y's in another forum, can do without really even trying...

S

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I think you are missing the point. By putting it up against the slowest "P" Tesla makes, it said a lot more that way, didn't it? At least it sure did to me... It's not at all about the money/price. If anything, it's shameful just what a "pregnant catfish", as someone referred to the Y's in another forum, can do without really even trying...

S
I do understand. There are so many industries that rely upon the traditional I.C.E. platform that Tesla keeps embarrassing. Each of these para-industries (my word) stand to lose when Tesla becomes the customer's choice. They keep trying to make the case that I.C.E. is still relevant. Honestly, I love getting my hands dirty inside the workings of a car and I still hold that there are going to be millions of customers that, for mostly cash-on-hand reasons, cannot even sniff at a Tesla. Still, people who try to compare muscle against Tesla should at least try not to embarrass their preferred vehicle.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I am not defending Ford or ICE for that matter. Just want to share what I got from the video. From what the guys in the video were saying, I don’t think electric vs. ICE had anything to do with the Model 3 winning. From what they said I understood the reason the Mustang lost was two things. 1. The Mustang was not all wheel drive and the Model 3 was. 2. The Mustang had horrible Launch mode and traction control systems. If the Mustang had all wheel drive, and what the guys said was true about the specs, I believe the Mustang would have won the race.

akia123

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy impala
Country flag
i never seen these guys before they seem like they were having fun. cool video thanks for sharing.
Sponsored