Electrek: Dems propose new $12,500 electric car rebate, Tesla left with $4,500 disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
If that's really the only way you see the world, then sure, you go ahead and believe that about me. That's pretty judgmental, limited, and unconstructive.
Sponsored

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I'm sorry that you refuse to contribute anything to a constructive world.

You're the one calling them scumbags, and giving no path forward. Some team will win, either way. Calling everyone scumbags is not the way to create democracy, but in fact, tear it down. Which means racists, trolls, might-makes-right, fascists, win.

Is that really what you want for the world?

-Crissa
And facist dictators too -- intolerant of opposition and contradicting ideas.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
This version does not include a provision for retroactive rebates. I think one of the other versions floating around does. We're looking at drafts of the final bill here.
And we'll put you in-charge of letting us know of the final bill and the resulting law. In between, if you can, tell us if our congress-person or senator is against so we can harangue him/her on the telephone, twitter... :p

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Noted, you did no work trying to disprove a basic mathematical law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

-Crissa
I learned one more stuff today -- plus the all other useless stuff I learned since kindergarten to post college.:oops:

Didn't realize there is a mathematical law of that. I just thought it happened in the US because of the futility and general strength of each of the two parties.

Just as I suspected, you got the brains and command of facts.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Hard to watch colour TV if you only see in black and white.

As kids we were taught to differentiate colours by name. Now getting older everything "seems" bipartisan because we are polarised by fear, and want to be a part of the herd that protects values we are force fed to "believe" to be true by our peers.

We are the people we share our lives with. But that doesn't mean the mob is always right. Independent thought is undervalued and often the only source of change to the status quo. EM is a case in point.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That's a great way to put it. Also, we normally tear down the old buildings and destroy the spoiled crops before trying to build something new or expect a new crop to grow. The current crop is certainly rotten.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hard to watch colour TV if you only see in black and white.
When I was a kid, my father taught me that when he was young the whole world was only in black and white. It was only recently that color had been invented. And that explained why older TV shows were only in black and white. I didn't believe him. But then I saw the movie Pleasantville. That movie was so revealing.

Big Bob:
[in the bowling alley] What happened? Are you alright? What is it?

George:
Rain.

Big Bob:
Real rain?

[George nods]

Big Bob:
Oh my God.... Are you alright?

George:
I came home like I always do. And I came in the front door. And I took off my coat. And I put down my briefcase and I said "Honey. I'm home."

[The men all nod in recognition.]

George:
...Only no one was there. So I went into the kitchen and I yelled it again. "Honey — I'm home." But there was no one there either. No wife. No lights. No dinner.

[The men all gasp]

George:
So I went to the oven you know — because I thought maybe she had made me one of those "TV dinners..." But she hadn't. She was gone. And I looked and looked and looked — but she was gone.

Big Bob:
It's gonna be fine George. You're with 'us' now.

Gus:
What are we gonna do Bob?

Big Bob:
Well — we'll be safe for now — thank goodness we're in a bowling alley — but if George here doesn't get his dinner, any one of us could be next. It could be you Gus, or you Roy, or even you Ralph.... That's real rain out there, gentlemen. This isn't some little "virus" that's going to "clear up on its own." There's something happening to our town and I think we can all see where it comes from. My friends, this isn't about George's dinner or Roy's shirt. It's a question of values. It's a question of whether we're gonna hold onto the values that have made this place great. So the time has come to make a decision. Are we in this alone, or are we in it together?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The definition of change is "not the same".

There is certainty in knowing that the only constant in life is change, "If" you can see the natural world and how it cycles to renew and transform itself. Time to harvest and time to sow.

If we keep trying the same "solutions" that are known to fail, and refuse to learn from those failures and don't try to find something else that does work, or at least works better, then don't we loose all credibility as an "intelligent" species?

We want everyone else to be like us, but we are seldom the people we have the potential of being.

The point of failing is to learn how to succeed. But in doing either we must not forget the fundamental principles that gave us the freedom to fail and also succeed of our own accord, but also not deny the existence of those powers that took that choice from us.

The point is that some systems are capable of and promote change. Some do not.

Be that subsidies, taxes, unions, governments or industries with depreciating usefulness and jobs and old ICE technology that has seen its end, and is lobbying its dinosaur buddies for life support, to smoke another day on its dying breath, by the only currency it knows...fiat.

Legacy is the enemy of innovation.
Change is imminent. Always. :cool:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If that's really the only way you see the world, then sure, you go ahead and believe that about me. That's pretty judgmental, limited, and unconstructive.
It's not 'how I see you' this is the direct result of your posts in this thread.

I could spend my time tearing apart Republicans (and many Democrats) or Unions or whatever - but the end result is that I have abdicated my voice in the solution. Tearing apart these things tears apart the very confidence in democracy and social obligations.

And right now, those are what we need the most.

-Crissa

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
All Tesla has to do is to set up a "Virtual Tesla Union" with a bare minimum by-law and they are good to go. Shouldn't be that hard. Don't tell the crooked politicians though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the employees do, but yes.

Like I said, this could actually save Tesla some liability, by offloading some HR and creating a structure they aren't responsible for to help challenge shift managers who eff the eff up like the settlement they had last month.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which is why so far, Tesla workers have been. There's amazingly few leaks for such a large company, too.

And the lawsuit against SpaceX was the same thing: Some manager thought they'd get smart by scheduling away legal overtime pay while requiring overtime work. Well, duh, that's going to make someone mad eventually.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Racoon hat man was one of my neighbors. I miss him dancing and protesting by the nearby mall, which is where the Clintons kidnap children to drain their adrenochrome.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.