Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I didnt see anything in this video my 2005 Land Rover cant do..
Sponsored

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I am not sure that Rivian will pass the safary quality control

Tesla Cybertruck ELECTREK: No other pickup could even attempt 1634902028537

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
It is interesting to see how good the CT will be off-road when there is no apparent testing of any of the prototypes. Trucks don't usually make the best off-road vehicles due to size and longer wheel base. I suspect that the R1T will be the best stock off-road of the EVs (Hummer might be pretty close). I love my Tesla, but it isn't perfect and there are things my Chevy Bolt actually does better. It is fair to say that each of the EVs on the horizon will have some strengths and weaknesses. Personally if I were going to spend the money for a tri-motor CT I would go Rivian instead because I like the looks better and don't need a full size truck.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I saw some dirt in the video but not what I would consider "off-road." "Off-road" (to me and I guess people I'm around) means terrain that requires at least 4 wheel drive(I have seen people do amazing things with 2WD, but that is an exception) and increased ground clearance. To clarify my thinking, my Subaru, even though it had a great AWD system, was not off-road capable - not enough torque, ground clearance or under-body protection. Most dirt or gravel roads aren't really off-road as I use the term until they begin to have obstacles or become very steep/technical. I guess I should have clarified, words don't always mean the same thing to everyone. All that being said, the CT's breakover, departure angles, torque and ground clearance indicate that it will very strong off-road but we don't know how reliable it will (Early MS had some air suspension problems), will the camera system be helpful off-road (presumably yes, but we don't know) and how effective the traction management system. I think the wheelbase will be a negative for it (as it is for all full-size pickup trucks). Very few people actually go off-road with there off-road capable vehicles, just as many adventure motorcycles never venture beyond fire roads.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
We aren't attacking the Rivian, we agree it is a decently executed truck.

What we are attacking it the reporters lack of knowledge/experience by making the statement

The R1T isn't just an incredibly fast and impressive 3-second 0 to 60 street pickup with racing suspension right now. It also does things off-road that no other pickup could even attempt.

The number of stock ICE truck models that can, and have done that trail is actually quite large. Most brands have both a midsized, and full sized off-road version with locking differentials straight from the factory.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am nothing if not literal.
Liberals are young conservatives. ?

Conservatives are one step away from dementia

What are we talking about…someone get the door

While I classify myself as just right of center, conservative call me liberal and liberals call me conservative. All depends on the issue.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect you’d have to try pretty hard to find situations where the quad motor will significantly outperform the tri motor. Good chance we’ll never see a quad motor CT.
Sponsored