Electrek: Dems propose new $12,500 electric car rebate, Tesla left with $4,500 disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Racoon hat man was one of my neighbors. I miss him dancing and protesting by the nearby mall, which is where the Clintons kidnap children to drain their adrenochrome.
Is that the brother of that QAnon shaman? Me thinks he got better animal costume than just raccoon hat.

You miss the part where Clinton would afterward eat babies as Gates and Soros put 666 chips on the Covid vaccines -- and the Right Wing nuts were able to avoid it by taking horse dewormer.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol. Bias anyone? ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The problem is, when you have a million people hanging on your words, it's not reasonable to expect all of them to be reasonable.

Enough of them take that stuff seriously and then we get January 6th or worse Sandy Hook.

-Crissa

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The problem is, when you have a million people hanging on your words, it's not reasonable to expect all of them to be reasonable.

Enough of them take that stuff seriously and then we get January 6th or worse Sandy Hook.

-Crissa
Or a summer of riots, looting and violence by leftist mobs.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm not sure why anyone here is surprised a government that was voted in, prioritises its agenda to the benefit of its own electorate.

Thats the whole point of mob rule.

Intelligence is not a metric. Neither is justice, right, or equality. Just plain bullying by critical mass. Nothing new.

So if they subsidise unions then they are paying for their electorates favour at the next poll. Money swings more votes than good will or good character. Thats why money rules. The rest is an illusion.

But...my question is, again for the third time, will I be able to benefit from the EV subsidies even as a non-citizen? You know it sounds like a good way to make some quick dough. :p

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Funny, the administration's EV car program will benefit Tesla the most as they will be the biggest EV manufacturer if they play their cards right.

But the Right wing around here would want to make him aa victim in their political partisanship and ignorance in economics.

The American workers are already the most productive workers in the world and most of them are are and yet they take the sides of big business who still want to squeeze the last drop of blood off them.

It's just like down South, who are the poorest and least educated but kept on electing their state leaders who are keeping them on these conditions -- and probably they won't even be waking up when they have freeze to death, getting sick and dying from this pandemic.

A friend said, what's wrong with these people to keep on siding with these people and betraying their own class? He answered it himself: They must be dreaming that they themselves, with the stroke of luck, will win that very big multi million jackpot in lotto and will then also enjoy the tax cuts that the billionaires and millionaires are wallowing on. They can't do math and statistics and not likely aware of the chance of that happening for them.:p

Yes, before you complain of it's relevance to the topic, read the first paragraph.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Or a summer of riots, looting and violence by leftist mobs.
None of those things happened, which is part of your problem.
https://apnews.com/article/virus-ou...al-injustice-7edf9027af1878283f3818d96c54f748
"AP finds most arrested in protests aren’t leftist"

See, that's the thing. You were told this thing, but it wasn't true.

-Crissa
Living in the Seattle area, I decided to go see some of the looting and violent "protests" so I could judge for myself what was really happening. While there were a few times in Seattle when people were using Molotov cocktails and they did actually burn a cop car once, overall that was a very rare thing. In my personal experience, the protests themselves were very quiet and controlled. People were basically just congregating in an intersection area for a while listening to speakers with bull horns. The police would show up in riot gear (often in more numbers than actual protesters) and after a while try to disperse the crowd. Generally, that would involve the police surrounding the protesters except on one side. The police would then use flashbangs and tear gas to get the crowd running down the one street that the police did not have blocked. The people would basically run down to the next intersection and stop. To counteract the police, the protesters would sometimes through water bottles at the police. The police would march in formation down near the next intersection but then wait for their comrades to go around the block to close off the side streets. Once the police were all in place, the flashbangs and tear gas would come out again and everything would proceed the same way to the next intersection. The police had total control over what was happening with the protesters the whole time. As the march from intersection to intersection proceeded, protesters would slowly start to diminish till everything died out. There was literally nothing out of control in the whole thing. In fact, at one protest I observed, one of the early flashbangs landed near someone with epilepsy and triggered a seizure. She was quickly carried down the block a bit and to the sidewalk by the protesters. Then the protesters started yelling to the police that there was someone with a seizure. As soon as that was announced, the protesters stopped running. The police stopped marching. The flashbangs and tear gas stopped coming. It too about 25 minutes for an ambulance to get called, and for the ambulance to push through the police lines, into the protesters, and over to where the woman lay on the sidewalk. Then it was another 15 minutes for her to be evaluated and loaded up into the ambulance. Then the ambulance started proceeding through the rest of the protesters to head to the hospital. As soon as the ambulance was out of the way, one of the protesters threw a water bottle at the police, and immediately everything was back on. Tear gas flew, flashbangs went off, protesters started running again, and everyone was off to the next intersection. I swear, it was a very controlled, scripted, and well-rehearsed dance. Absolutely nothing out of control about the protests.

I also went to see the CHOP (Capital Hill Occupied Protest) in Seattle. The protest to throw the police out of that area and to block off the CHOP was somewhat violent. But that violence was not just one-sided. I wasn't there at the start but video of that night shows police using stronger tactics than usual. Once the COP zone had been established though, it was a very peaceful environment. People were walking around freely, children were playing, food stands had been set up to feed people, there were medical personnel at stations addressing issues that arose. From what I saw when visiting, it was functioning as a small village. Yes, there were a few issues that made some people uncomfortable. For instance, since there was no police presence, there were a few people who had banded together to patrol the area. The people in those patrols were open carrying firearms. Their presence was difficult for some to accept. And some of the people who lived within the CHOP area were concerned because they could no longer call 911 for help as the police had said they could not respond to calls.

Overall, the protests were predominantly peaceful and quiet.

Now, having said all that, it's not like nothing happened. For instance, at the protest I went to in Bellevue (1 town over from Seattle), there were a large number of roving hooligans (not really any other way to describe them) that were walking around the town completely separate from the protesters. Since the police were so heavily concentrated on the protest (and literally ignoring everything else), these hooligans were roaming the downtown area and tagging buildings, breaking storefront windows, and occasionally going in to loot certain stores. I saw a group of about 20 teens break into a computer repair business and haul out probably 40 computers that were loaded into a vehicle and then driven away. The local mall had been broken into and multiple storefront windows demolished. I worked in one of the downtown buildings there and our building (minimum 5 blocks from the protest) was tagged in black spray paint with a derogatory statement about the police.

None of the actions of these hooligans made the news save for some pictures of the broken windows. And since it happened about the same time as the protest, the news just lumped it in with the protesters. But very few of the protests drew out this hooligan crowd.

I can't speak to what happened in Portland or any other city. But I was present for some of the protests in the Seattle area and this is my personal experience of what I saw. Take that however you like.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Technically the CHOP started when the police lost one of those shoving fights and then decided to abandon the neighborhood.

The protestors didn't plan to control it. They kept calling the cops to come show up and arrest troublemakers, but they wouldn't. And the police wouldn't let fire and ambulances in, either.

Which led to a carjacker running someone over and then getting shot himself by some random guys who were 'protecting' the CHOP because the police refused to show up.

What a mess.

-Crissa

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
These ignorant people kept on mouthing Antifa. Antifa stands for anti-fascists. Fascists are Hitllers, Mussolinis and the modern wannabes in this world.

If you are against anti-fascist, are you pro-fascists then? Ah ok, maybe they are with their insurrection, coup attempts, white-supremacist, Proud Boys, voter suppression and moves against our democratic institutions.

And yes, we want and need those tax credits for EVs. When we give tax breaks to the middle class, they use the money for essential commodities than then turn into virtuous cycle of increasing demand, then companies raise production, then hire more people increasing employment, and so on, bringing economic activities turning us into a prosperous nation.

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Saying you are anti-fascist doesn’t make you an anti-fascist. Shouting down and physically assaulting those that disagree with you puts you in the ballpark with fascists.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Saying you are anti-fascist doesn’t make you an anti-fascist. Shouting down and physically assaulting those that disagree with you puts you in the ballpark with fascists.
Yeah, they should let themselves be the subject of violence and not fight back.

"...Antifa movement. The oldest group in operation, Rose City Antifa, was created in Portland, Oregon, in 2007, with the aim of shutting down a neo-Nazi music festival...'

'...The groups against which the Antifa movement positions itself, including white supremacists, neo-fascists and right-wing nationalists, have been involved in numerous violent actions and killings..."

Antifa and Neo-Fascists

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Do bears shit in the woods?

Yes, anti-fascist by definition will disagree with fascists (reminder: fascists are anti-democratic, lead by dictators and DISAGREE with democratic ideas). Since fascists frequently use violence the anti-fascists might have to respond with violence too whether the fascists are in the ballpark or outside the ballpark.

The largest anti-fascists operation in history was conducted by U.S., UK, and other Allied nations during World War 2. Sometimes violence is used because violence is only way to get fascists to stop abusing those weaker than them. Fascists do not have empathy and do not respect those they perceive as weak.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol.

Words without definition are...............
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.