AA-ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra, Dual-Motor CT
Country flag
Is the 183% increase a testament to Tesla or the President?
Well i think both, however, Tesla deserves the bulk of it imo. Elon has undoubtedly worked hard. From the Shangei factory, CT unveil, Telsa acquiring Maxwell etc..

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Does the previous president get the same credit for the stock increase from 2012 until 2016?

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Any NUMMI factories sitting empty in the "tri-state" area right now that Elon can buy? Maybe back to the original idea of Albuquerque which is a lot closer to GF 1 or maybe just keep adding on to GF 1.

AA-ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra, Dual-Motor CT
Country flag
Any NUMMI factories sitting empty in the "tri-state" area right now that Elon can buy? Maybe back to the original idea of Albuquerque which is a lot closer to GF 1 or maybe just keep adding on to GF 1.
Not sure. Elon specifically mentioned a large workforce would be necessary to support "nearby supply chain". That criteria would be met if constructed in the WV, OH, Kentucky tri-state region. See link for more info.

https://electrek.co/2017/02/24/tesla-gigafactory-2-us-tristate-border-elon-musk/

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I find the comparison to Edison, who, among other things, electrocuted puppies in an effort to prevent the technology that makes the Tesla vehicles possible from being adopted , interesting to say the least. Perhaps a better comparison would have been the guy the company is named after.

Of course I also find it interesting that Tesla is moving away from Tesla's motor. But then the one they really need is John Galt's.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I am focused on the statement.

Edison and Tesla being friends, protecting the person who invented the wheel, there are more oddities in the statement.

The comment is divorced from how I evaluate the president and I prefer when others form their opinions on data and not me telling what to believe. Unless, it is about how awesome the function and design is for the CT.
“not telling me what to believe “
You just got a high5 from me john

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
IMHO, when the President speaks on something, generally the wheels are already in motion behind the scenes. I would be willing to wager that Elon and POTUS discussed the EV tax credit as well as the construction of a "tri-state" area GIGAFACTORY, and are hopefully negotiating those two items. Elon hinted at this on twitter in response to a user from West Virginia. Seeing as how all of this is speculation, the bottom line is this: what's good for the US economy is good for Tesla. I am glad that Telsa is doing well and is being recognized for it. Also, the foundation of a friendship here may be of relevance, particularly concerning SpaceX and its potential involvement with the DOD's Space Force.
Lastly, to those who were so reluctant to trash POTUS on Electrek: if you were to have owned stock in Telsa on Nov. 6th 2016, your stock value has increased by roughly 183% as of yesterday.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/22/trump-tesla-build-factory-us/

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
IMHO, when the President speaks on something, generally the wheels are already in motion behind the scenes. I would be willing to wager that Elon and POTUS discussed the EV tax credit as well as the construction of a "tri-state" area GIGAFACTORY, and are hopefully negotiating those two items. Elon hinted at this on twitter in response to a user from West Virginia. Seeing as how all of this is speculation, the bottom line is this: what's good for the US economy is good for Tesla. I am glad that Telsa is doing well and is being recognized for it. Also, the foundation of a friendship here may be of relevance, particularly concerning SpaceX and its potential involvement with the DOD's Space Force.
Lastly, to those who were so reluctant to trash POTUS on Electrek: if you were to have owned stock in Telsa on Nov. 6th 2016, your stock value has increased by roughly 183% as of yesterday.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/22/trump-tesla-build-factory-us/
Yeah I’m glad I bought stock early. It’s going to help pay my house of early. Funny thing is that my stock, or my choice to buy stock in Tesla, has nothing to do with the pres or anything he’s involved with.

And lastly, reluctant no, honest yes.
Nice.

Jose mario

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
This is where I sit on climate change. Even if it is not real or not human caused, then we cleaned our air, land and water for our better health, enjoyment of nature and for our next generations to benefit not to mention the better financial situation of creating our own power, growing our own food and reducing our consumer and improved mental health. It is a win-win-win to be more sustainable in our life.
There’s no climate change that’s a joke

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
In glad I bought my stock in Tesla when I did so l hear you. That choice is going to pay my house off early. Since that was 2016, it had nothing to do with current political climate or administration. It was my choice and my risk.
Lastly, polarized views were discussed earlier in several members posts and all opinions are heard and respected.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Is the 183% increase a testament to Tesla or the President?
This is a perfect, all telling point John.
I am so glad you raised it. If I had, there undoubtedly would have been an issue of bias generated.
Tesla was conceived and implemented long before current pres and administration was even in office. There is zero reason credit for Tesla success should be given to anyone other than Tesla.
Any “deal” being made now between Elon and whoever, proves the point that if you don’t jump on the wagon moving forward, you’ll be left behind.
Factories in other countries were built there why? Less BS and one sided “deals”? Minimal influence from entities outside the company? Or just cheaper to build outside the US? We will not know until the next board meeting!!! Ha
Any “ deal “ made about US factory would be created and controlled by one dreamer, Elon.
Sponsored

Last edited: