Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
"I think eventually, like they did with the Model 3, they'll have a $39,000 truck. But initially, if they want to do three or four motors, I would say they would be lucky at $75,000. I think you'll probably be in that range. And the way they'll say it is, hey, I know we talked about that $39,000 truck. It's coming. But if you want the fully-loaded four motors, it's going to cost you $80,000. That's my guess"

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/evs-tesla-cybertruck-lucky-keep-151117312.html

I wouldn't hate that.
Sponsored

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
for a four motor yeahh 80k is VERY believable.. .the specs will be INSANE.. but I can see it going for over 80k... for the tri motor i think they are going to try hard to keep it under 80k as that is the new limit for the ev tax credit.. and they like to qualify however we are all just guessing.. laughs we will see in a few months!!

although honestly.. how many people that can buy an 80,000 vehicle have a low enough income to QUALIFY for the credit?!

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
for a four motor yeahh 80k is VERY believable.. .the specs will be INSANE.. but I can see it going for over 80k... for the tri motor i think they are going to try hard to keep it under 80k as that is the new limit for the ev tax credit.. and they like to qualify however we are all just guessing.. laughs we will see in a few months!!

although honestly.. how many people that can buy an 80,000 vehicle have a low enough income to QUALIFY for the credit?!
Can? Or should?

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
Can? Or should?
I always thought it would be 80k for a tri-motor too.

The income limit is $150,000 :p . i chose FSD so i dont think i'll qualify, but i "only" make 80k a year pre-tax. My last Tesla paid for itself though, so i believe this one will too :)

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
80k would be great. Probably not gonna have 4 motors at that price point… but a guy can dream

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

What is the cap for married couples? I think a lot of ppl can afford and qualify.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
What is the cap for married couples? I think a lot of ppl can afford and qualify.
Filing jointly $300k but couples typically have two cars so unless the wife is cool with a ford maverick, thats still beyond the 35% gross income rule that people with fully functional brains should adhere to

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
its $225 if someone files as head of houshold is basically a single person with dependents
Solar wizard don’t you need setbacks off the hips on the roof of that array?

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Filing jointly $300k but couples typically have two cars so unless the wife is cool with a ford maverick, thats still beyond the 35% gross income rule that people with fully functional brains should adhere to
Idk. Sounds fishy to me.

You can have 2 cars without having 2 payments. Plus with the tax credit (state and federal) it becomes a lot more attainable. Especially when you can take that money off before loan. (2024?)

Plus wasn't that 35% rule made up when gas cars were the primary mode of transportation (along with all their maintenance)?

I can 100% see married couples under 300k affording cybertruck at 79,999k

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
Idk. Sounds fishy to me.

You can have 2 cars without having 2 payments. Plus with the tax credit (state and federal) it becomes a lot more attainable. Especially when you can take that money off before loan. (2024?)

Plus wasn't that 35% rule made up when gas cars were the primary mode of transportation (along with all their maintenance)?

I can 100% see married couples under 300k affording cybertruck at 79,999k
its a depreciating asset and life happens to people.

people skate right past it for financing all the time that does not however in any way make it wise to do so.
Sponsored