larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am sure many of those who are interested in a CT are familiar with Paul Elio and his effort to produce a 3 wheeled 2 passenger autocycle. It would get around 84 MPG and cost under $10,00. What could a partnership between Elio and Musk produce. Using the same general design as the current Elio It would get an MPGE of over 100. It would fit in any garage and charge overnight from a regular outlet. It would be rust, dent and ding proof and would turn as many heads as the CT. If Elon is really sincere about weaning the world off fossil fuel and wants to take advantage of California's ban on new ICEs here is his opportunity to appeal to the lower end of the market and to those who want an economical and gasoline free vehicle. The electric Elio!!
Sponsored

Migizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius XL
Country flag
I am sure many of those who are interested in a CT are familiar with Paul Elio and his effort to produce a 3 wheeled 2 passenger autocycle. It would get around 84 MPG and cost under $10,00. What could a partnership between Elio and Musk produce. Using the same general design as the current Elio It would get an MPGE of over 100. It would fit in any garage and charge overnight from a regular outlet. It would be rust, dent and ding proof and would turn as many heads as the CT. If Elon is really sincere about weaning the world off fossil fuel and wants to take advantage of California's ban on new ICEs here is his opportunity to appeal to the lower end of the market and to those who want an economical and gasoline free vehicle. The electric Elio!!
that would be great
I was an all-in early reservation holder with Elio (gas prices were much higher then)
I still get teased, but that doesn't bother me - I think Paul gave it a hell of a try

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I think the issue is still battery production.
and personally, I dont see what this would do. this seems like a toy for wealthier people to putt around in who dont want a motorcycle. it dosnt seem like something the masses would adopt, at least in the USA.
A used leaf would do the same thing with more space and safety for not much more cash.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon basically denied Sandy Munro's request for help on 3 wheel vehicle projects (Nobe, arcimoto and another) Elon responded that 3 wheelers were not safe enough.
Personally I'd love to have a Nobe one day, maybe when I retire.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Just dropping this in here to pay homage to the coolest 3 wheeled idea ever that never happened.. the Corbin Motors Merlin Roadster.

Yes, that's a Harley Davidson (style?) V-Twin engine mounted on the front, better performance than a Porsche at $25K projected sales point. I'd have bought one without a test drive.

Corbin-Front-View-864x467.jpg

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
And Sandy Munro would be pleased.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If more people drove these little three-wheelers, the roads would be safer.

I think Elon keeps thinking of instead.

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If more people drove these little three-wheelers, the roads would be safer.

I think Elon keeps thinking of instead.
single wheel in the front vs single wheel in the back......

Trying to decide if you just committed a Red Herring or False Equivalence...... :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Trying to decide if you just committed a Red Herring or False Equivalence...... :)
Oh, it's a composition error, clearly.

But you say 'three wheel' and this is what people think of. Elon supposedly had a bad experience with a bike early on in his life, so the single wheel scares him. He's mentioned it a couple times. Brains are sometimes annoying in how they make connections, it takes work to rewire them.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Correct. Mr. Musk had a close encounter on a motorcycle in his younger days. Motorcycles will not be manufactured by Tesla while he is in charge.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
. Brains are sometimes annoying in how they make connections, it takes work to rewire them.
Understood. I won’t swim in the ocean because I saw “Jaws” when I was 13...not that our central coast waters are fun to swim in anyway!

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
How about an electric CanAM? Real motorcycles are way more maneuverable. But it’s very important to learn to drive them at low speeds, ie friction zone clutch/low and steady throttle/stabilizing rear (foot) brake/lots of practice. Check out some Motorman videos to learn the techniques. Any fool can ride a motorcycle at high speed for a while.
Sponsored