Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Sandy is a Chatty Cathy. He makes Todd The Cybertruck Truck Guy look positively abbreviated.
(Love ya, Todd)

Loved the interview. Second time I’ve watched it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Sandy is a Chatty Cathy. He makes Todd The Cybertruck Truck Guy look positively abbreviated.

He was somewhat a gushing fan at times, but also wasn’t afraid to criticize and come up with his preferred solutions at other times. Thumbs up. Should have insisted on some CT tidbits though.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

At the beginning Sandy said he talks too much and was going to let Elon do most of the talking. But then Sandy still talked too much and at one point Elon was getting frustrated. I like Sandy but wanted to hear Elon more.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
But what is enough for 4 but isn't 5, full unattended driving?
Got it. I assumed F in FSD makes FSD to mean level 5 only. My references to it has been mostly to level 5. Gotta get my lingo right.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Was Cybertruck mentioned at all? Before I saw it through I would have thought Munro would be all Cybertruck.
Not that I saw.

I’m guessing that Elon let Sandy know not to ask anything about future products.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Was Cybertruck mentioned at all? Before I saw it through I would have thought Munro would be all Cybertruck.
I don't think the word Cybertruck was ever mentioned. It was probably like someone else said. Tesla probably gave Sandy a list of things that were not allowed.
But, I highly recommend watching this video. Sandy was talking with Elon, engineer to engineer. It takes awhile but Elon gets comfortable and you get to see him light up and talk about stuff he enjoys! I just wish Sandy could have sat back and talked a little less. There were a couple of times when Elon got excited and was just running with things that I would have liked to have seen where the conversation would have taken him.:)

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
He was somewhat a gushing fan at times, but also wasn’t afraid to criticize and come up with his preferred solutions at other times. Thumbs up. Should have insisted on some CT tidbits though.

Gushing?! Yellowstone’s Old Faithful doesn’t gush that much. I can relate though. Most of us would be either dumbstruck or rambling incessantly in awe under similar circumstance.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(Love ya, Todd)

Yup, I was looking at the clock the whole time thinking, is Sandy looking for a contract or a job or trying squeeze more info out of this dude?

l like listening to both of them though. I think Elon would be a good teacher. He dumb concepts down enough for the average Joe to stay engaged and interested.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FSD will be geofenced.

-Crissa
That's possible, but the videos I've seen of the latest Beta FSD are not. And they go driving down gravel roads and through all sorts of edgy cases. It really seems like Elon want's the vehicles to be capable of going anywhere and when they encounter a problem find solutions, then store all that information in Dojo for the fleet. Take for example the issue Sandy brought up. The car is recording everything in a video collage. It sees something like that and sends the files to Dojo and Dojo flags that location and as vehicles are approaching that location they are given a warning and instructions on how to respond to the issue. Way safer than me driving unexpectedly down the road.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...but the videos I've seen of the latest Beta FSD are not.
This is not true. FSD will refuse to work in jurisdictions it isn't allowed in. It will try to navigate out of fields, but it will also refuse to work if it can't connect the path it sees with the maps it knows.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This is not true. FSD will refuse to work in jurisdictions it isn't allowed in. It will try to navigate out of fields, but it will also refuse to work if it can't connect the path it sees with the maps it knows.

-Crissa
You drive a Tesla with the new Beta FSD?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elan had SN9 on his mind during this 50 minute interview. That tells you how important Sandy is. I have no idea how many hours Elon has in his day. It is definitely more than mine.

SN8 had a better looking landing than SN9. It looks like starting an engine is not that easy. I think in addition to starting a bit early, instead of going from two engines to one for landing, they need to go from three to two. Use less Thrust per engine if things are going OK and more if they are not. I understand that may mean a bit more fuel and less efficient flight but if there are people on board, the additional wiggle room is justified. Like I know better than SpaceX engineers ;) It is just that saying stuff without knowing what you are talking about is fashionable these days ;)