Everyone stay calm. Keep your order until things settle.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Hey people!

I would really like to point out that there are a lot of bits of information to digest here and that I would suggest to hold off cancelling any orders until things settle down and the facts and options are clear.

I also think the pricing might be revised, but It could also stay.

The point is there is no rush to bail just yet.

Just give it a few days and see how things develop.

(PS I'm only sharing this, because that is what I am doing as well - I have nothing to sell)
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I agree no point in cancelling reservation until they actually call you up to make a decision. I am keeping mine along with all the other reservations I have until they come calling.

Share pricing is responding appropriately right now. And the real world demand will adjust the pricing when the die hard reservations turned purchases dry up.

Wmcgregs

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Auto industry
Country flag
I don't think prices will change for a LONG time.

Outside of the pricing, the AWD variant is a HUGE performer, especially after that delivery event.

Has anyone shopped for a truck recently? To get a crew cab half ton truck, with a mid package falls around 60-70k right now. The F150 Tremor is like 70k. This outperforms all of those trucks, for about the same price after the tax credit.

Plus they won't be able to ramp prodution that quickly to fill their order banks.

I'd say its at least 2 years until price changes.

But the beast mode, is insanely priced imo. An extra 30k for an even faster truck that is already insanely fast, but less range? Crazy to me.

Hooligan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor
Occupation
Airline pilot
Country flag
I'm guessing that I'm not the only one confused about the "Order Now"- probably most of us have a four year old reservation that we still can't do anything with (we'll be in touch when we're ready for you to configure). I assume there's no need to place another order today

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I would actually strongly advise anyone that wants to cancel should.

Theres zero chance that > 600k preorders get filled now that pricing is known and the more cancellations, the more downward price pressure exists. Therefore if you don’t like the price, get your $100 back, wait on demand forced price decreases to occur and come back around unless the competition compels you to go elsewhere.

The HODL strategy is poor guidance in this case imo

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I'm guessing that I'm not the only one confused about the "Order Now"- probably most of us have a four year old reservation that we still can't do anything with (we'll be in touch when we're ready for you to configure). I assume there's no need to place another order today

No there is definitely not a need to do that.
Thats low hanging class action lawsuit fruit if they did that imo but @cvalue would understand that way better than me

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That's another issue I don't know about yet.

I placed another DM order just in case they decide to restart the line.

But my other orders are all still there untouched.

The pricing of all Teslas fluctuate every few months, both up and down.

If I was selfish I'd tell everyone to jump, because that is more likely to cause a sale price correction if enough do.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
All ordering now does is give you another Cybertruck reservation in your account with an even higher RN #.