Everyone stay calm. Keep your order until things settle.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Thoughts on the Powershare suporting the home minus 2 powerwalls. The economics of the truck with Powershare considered in value of the CT.

I haven't said I can't afford the CT, anything about my realtionship with my accountant of almost 30 years or what I share with my wife of 23 years.
OK. I read it as you were trying to justify the price increase of the CT. It sounds like you can afford it and if you want it, you should get it. My 2 cents. / thoughts

Congratulations on 23 years! We just had our 25 year☺
Sponsored

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I'm guessing that I'm not the only one confused about the "Order Now"- probably most of us have a four year old reservation that we still can't do anything with (we'll be in touch when we're ready for you to configure). I assume there's no need to place another order today
I got this email from Tesla yesterday so our reservations are still intact and they are trying to get us to buy something cheaper (I already own a M3)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgzGwHxqHjWJmwNGlwSwKZthXZChS

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Just a thought...I think the new orders that are coming in are prob from real actual buyers because they want it after the reveal price....vs all the ones B4 were hoping and praying for 2019 prices. I'll pull a trigger on dual motor if it hits 70k. $30k more to go faster makes no sense to me. 4.1 seconds is plenty fast for a 7000 lb truck

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I would not buy it right now, the range is not acceptable for RV towing, the Range extender would likely cost about 25-30 grand in AU, and still not get me my 500 miles.

However, a chance the CT might be available in AU in 26/27, and by then the standard range is increased... or 600+ with an extender... in which case all boxes are ticked.
So as I continue to adjust and process the price on the Dual CT and my consideration to purchase or not I have put some thought into the value of Powershare.

I am building a new home starting fall 2024 after 24 years in my current home. The new home will have a great southern exposure and I am planning for a solar system (from who I will lean on @SolarWizard) which will include the new Powerwall 3's and gateway. The home will need 3 powerwalls. Powerwall 2 is $8400 for 13.5 kWh.

With Powershare I would think I can now do one wall and use the CT to subliment the other 2. This also allows me to have a wall in place to run the home if I need to use or charge the CT.

This saves me $16,800. Now this seems like a better proposition. I could use some help @SolarWizard to flush this out and if I am looking at this right.

If this is correct I now can look at the CT as 79,900 minus 7500 (72,400) minus 16,800 which looks like 55,600.

If correct this looks like a better proposition and one I would consider.

Thoughts
We have had 100 acres of wooded property since 2019 and since then I have been clearing a road to a building site and we plan on starting to build next year. There is no power on our road so we were going to go with solar and back up propane generator.

We are in rural Canada and I have been on a waiting list for a powerwall for over 2 years and have heard nothing. Looks like we will be on a waiting list for a CT (2nd day reservation holder) as well as there is no pricing on the Tesla Canada website. As our permant home is about 1.5 hours from our wooded property it is an intriguing thought to charge up the truck at home (during the night at $.08/ kw) and then download that to the powerwall during overcast months like November.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
So as I continue to adjust and process the price on the Dual CT and my consideration to purchase or not I have put some thought into the value of Powershare.

I am building a new home starting fall 2024 after 24 years in my current home. The new home will have a great southern exposure and I am planning for a solar system (from who I will lean on @SolarWizard) which will include the new Powerwall 3's and gateway. The home will need 3 powerwalls. Powerwall 2 is $8400 for 13.5 kWh.

With Powershare I would think I can now do one wall and use the CT to subliment the other 2. This also allows me to have a wall in place to run the home if I need to use or charge the CT.

This saves me $16,800. Now this seems like a better proposition. I could use some help @SolarWizard to flush this out and if I am looking at this right.

If this is correct I now can look at the CT as 79,900 minus 7500 (72,400) minus 16,800 which looks like 55,600.

If correct this looks like a better proposition and one I would consider.

Thoughts

You can count on me for help anytime brotha

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a thought...I think the new orders that are coming in are prob from real actual buyers because they want it after the reveal price....vs all the ones B4 were hoping and praying for 2019 prices. I'll pull a trigger on dual motor if it hits 70k. $30k more to go faster makes no sense to me. 4.1 seconds is plenty fast for a 7000 lb truck
This pretty much mirrors my thinking. My res is 115 so i may have enough time for things to shake out depending on how bad the cancelations get

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
You are the one telling people not to take their money out. basically giving unsolicited advice on what to do with their money.

I am simply highlighting TO YOU that people may want their deposit back because the $40,000 vehicle they were hoping for is $80,000.

I am a day one minute one reservation holder I was planning to spend $80,000. I will now be spending ~120,000. (cyber beast plus range extender.) I am doing this because I am a car nut, is it a good financial move ? God no probably one of the worst ones I will make on a vehicle, but it will be all smiles.
Just hope your wife ok's it

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Does anyone know if CT has ventilated seats?

AdmiralS

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Country flag
Yes, MKBHDs review showed him toggling heat and ventilation

VA_Trial

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, QX80, FX35
Country flag
I don't think prices will change for a LONG time.
There is a $20K difference between the price of the entry level (RWD) and the AWD version, and the only technological difference appears to be the absence of a motor. The difference between a single and dual motor Model 3 is $7K.

Either the price of the AWD has been excessively inflated to capture demand or the RWD exists only as bait to keep people interested (and hopeful) that they might one day aspire to purchase such a wicked looking car.

I suspect that it is the latter. Reminds me of when Tesla teased a $35K model 3 in 2017, which never really materialized... although we're getting closer 7 years later after the car has aged and is about to be replaced.

If you're waiting for the price to drop, you're going to be waiting a long time.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
There is a $20K difference between the price of the entry level (RWD) and the AWD version, and the only technological difference appears to be the absence of a motor. The difference between a single and dual motor Model 3 is $7K.

Either the price of the AWD has been excessively inflated to capture demand or the RWD exists only as bait to keep people interested (and hopeful) that they might one day aspire to purchase such a wicked looking car.

I suspect that it is the latter. Reminds me of when Tesla teased a $35K model 3 in 2017, which never really materialized... although we're getting closer 7 years later after the car has aged and is about to be replaced.

If you're waiting for the price to drop, you're going to be waiting a long time.
If you look at the specs it only has a 250 mi range so the battery is smaller too, and I bet it is a stripped down version with smaller wheels and missing other features.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
@SolarWizard I don't want to derail this thread but can you point me somewhere to learn more about V2H, how to use it as a backup battery, needed hardware, etc? Your intel is sincerely appreciated

Fallenhero

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Has anyone with a preorder actually received a email to order? I find it strange that I haven't gotten any email to order when my pre order was from the night of the announcement.
Sponsored