A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'd say that's a good guess except for one thing: Lucid.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
on the link i posted above, it says that Amprius's batteries (who Tesla is rumored to be partnering with) are at the 500Wh/hg threshold....wow, wouldnt that be something!
Ladies and gentlemen, and you too Dids, it looks like we have achieved Holy Grailness. And let's not forget super-capacitors, said to also double BEV range or cut battery weight in half. Could we go to 1000Wh/kg? Sounds insane, but I think by the time Cybertruck rolls out of the factory, we might just be there. If the Trimotor already has 500 mile range, and nanowires double that to 1000, will the supercapacitors take it to 2000 miles? It's too much boggle for my mind... ?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Maybe some day but at the moment super capacitors have energy densities a couple of orders of magnitude less than lithium batteries. In the laboratory super capacitors have been demonstrated with energy densities comparable to that of the batteries in our cars. So it is going to be some time before caps match Li by which time battery tech will have doubtless increased appreciably.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Ladies and gentlemen, and you too Dids, it looks like we have achieved Holy Grailness. And let's not forget super-capacitors, said to also double BEV range or cut battery weight in half. Could we go to 1000Wh/kg? Sounds insane, but I think by the time Cybertruck rolls out of the factory, we might just be there. If the Trimotor already has 500 mile range, and nanowires double that to 1000, will the supercapacitors take it to 2000 miles? It's too much boggle for my mind... ?
he (Elon) has said that image was not nanowires but the folded tabs at the top of the battery, so we are back to speculating as to what battery day will bring...

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
CT doesn't have 500 miles in the sense that it's not yet in production but it is 500 mi design. The M3 does exist and is a 400 mile car with 100 kWh pack. The soon to be revealed Lucid Air will offer 500 with 113 kWh.
Sponsored