Experience on soft beach sand & overland sand mode?

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1914 model t ,1931 model A FORD , 1959 STUDEBAKER, 1999 FORD F-150,2020 MINI COOPER JWC., 2018 HONDA GOLDWING , 1937 HARLY
Country flag
So few people on here have any off road experience …….lowering the air pressure in the sand is everything 30 lbs isn’t low you need to go down to 10 psi and know you have lots of power don’t use it ease your way out use your lockers get unstuck find harder ground add some air learn to read the terrain and in the soft sand momentum is your friend!

You don’t learn to off road without getting stuck it’s not the vehicle that is the problem it’s the lack of driver knowledge !
Sponsored

OP
OP

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
So few people on here have any off road experience …….lowering the air pressure in the sand is everything 30 lbs isn’t low you need to go down to 10 psi and know you have lots of power don’t use it ease your way out use your lockers get unstuck find harder ground add some air learn to read the terrain and in the soft sand momentum is your friend!

You don’t learn to off road without getting stuck it’s not the vehicle that is the problem it’s the lack of driver knowledge !
Since with these stock tires the min is 36psi, would you recommend folks buying the truck replace tires?

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1914 model t ,1931 model A FORD , 1959 STUDEBAKER, 1999 FORD F-150,2020 MINI COOPER JWC., 2018 HONDA GOLDWING , 1937 HARLY
Country flag
Get bead locks if you are going to be in the sand and then you can run low pressure more safely…….you can allways exceed the limits if you do dumb stuff but you will learn in time!

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
Since with these stock tires the min is 36psi, would you recommend folks buying the truck replace tires?
Absolutely, if I think it will be solid on the beach I will order immediately (not sure how long my order invite will last) and then first thing replace the wheels for smaller wheels (allowing for taller tires) and replace the tires, probably Falken Wildpeaks if they can support the weight - they are perfect for highway and beach. I wouldn't go as low as 10, probably in the 15-20 range myself. Rarely air down my Jeep tires except on especially soft sand, and then only to 25 but it's a Jeep so handles the sand better.

OP
OP

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
Absolutely, if I think it will be solid on the beach I will order immediately (not sure how long my order invite will last) and then first thing replace the wheels for smaller wheels (allowing for taller tires) and replace the tires, probably Falken Wildpeaks if they can support the weight - they are perfect for highway and beach. I wouldn't go as low as 10, probably in the 15-20 range myself. Rarely air down my Jeep tires except on especially soft sand, and then only to 25 but it's a Jeep so handles the sand better.
now… what 18 inch beadlocks fit the cybertruck?? (I don’t know how wheel fitment works) :)

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I don’t have any footage of it but I recently got semi stuck in sand at Venice beach. I was able to get out once I put the truck in Baja mode and wiggled my tires back and forth. Here’s a pic of my CT at the beach after I found harder sand. You can see that the sidewalks are really sandy from digging into the soft sand

1483C4B9-7305-49B8-AD5E-72E59D25B1C3.jpeg
Did they allow you or you just sneaked in?

I know vehicles are not allowed on the beach then.

I used to frequent it for my dose of 2nd hand marijuana stoke. 🤣

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you are going to be in the sand a lot of the time you might need tires and wheels that would allow you to run low pressure ……that said you can run lower than the 36 psi recommended pressure you just have to be careful not to be driving aggressively at low pressure !
Sponsored