Extended Battery release date, info & specs?

Slick858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
For those of you who have received their CT did the extended battery come out yet?
Is there a release date?
How big is it?
How much space does it take up?
What kind of mileage is improved?
is it removable?

so many questions about the extender. Does anyone know where to find answers?
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
A lot of this has been covered but:

For those of you who have received their CT did the extended battery come out yet? - no
Is there a release date? - no date given
How big is it? - 50kwh and about 700lbs (big)
How much space does it take up? - renderings show it taking up about 40% of the bed
What kind of mileage is improved? - 50kwh will add about 100 miles driving or 35 miles towing based on avg current use
is it removable? - supposedly only at a tesla service center

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
For those of you who have received their CT did the extended battery come out yet?
Is there a release date?
How big is it?
How much space does it take up?
What kind of mileage is improved?
is it removable?

so many questions about the extender. Does anyone know where to find answers?

For those of you who have received their CT did the extended battery come out yet? Nope not yet
Is there a release date? Later this year. Taking deposits
How big is it? about a third of the bed
How much space does it take up? ^
What kind of mileage is improved? 38% more or 120 miles
is it removable? Not unless you go to service center. Its pretty heavy

Much of this is just estimates provided by Tesla as the product hasn't been made or released yet.

Puhiniho

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Unrealistic but I hopefully they'll reconfigure it so it's flatter to have more long usable space and they figure out a way to get more juice out of it, pretty spendy ($16k). At this moment, I consider it a concept that won't be figured out till end of 2024 for install sometime in 2025. I put a deposit in as a hedge that they make something surprisingly better. 🤞

rbrak29

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2021 F150 Powerboost hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The range extender will never be released. Tesla will come to their senses and find another way to increase range (if that is possible).

webspeedracer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS Cybertruck AWD, Rivian R1s MaxPack, 2016 MS75D
Country flag
Agreed 💯, needs to be flat in the bed to allow skis/bikes to have ample height inside the bed. I’d be fine if it shifts center of mass rearward over the rear wheels. I’m also ok if it covers/the bed storage hatch (perhaps the pack could be shaped to consume that space with more cells, with the hatch cover removed, though that may tip CM too far back…).

Unrealistic but I hopefully they'll reconfigure it so it's flatter to have more long usable space and they figure out a way to get more juice out of it, pretty spendy ($16k). At this moment, I consider it a concept that won't be figured out till end of 2024 for install sometime in 2025. I put a deposit in as a hedge that they make something surprisingly better. 🤞
Agreed 💯, needs to be flat in the bed to allow skis/bikes to have ample height inside the bed. I’d be fine if it shifts center of mass rearward over the rear wheels. I’m also ok if it covers/the bed storage hatch.

Chip Geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt [CT3] On order: Tesla MS-LR
Country flag
I would be happy with a smaller range extender that replaced the under bed storage area. I'd still like to use the full bed AND have more range.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The range extender will never be released. Tesla will come to their senses and find another way to increase range (if that is possible).
Agree that the range extender won't see the light of day, and Tesla will find another way to get a respectable amount of range for the truck for those needing to tow more than 80 miles or drive more than 200

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think they are waiting for the Gen 3 4680 cells to offer this.

TeslaFANa

First Name
Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I really do hope they release it cuz I ordered one but I'm with you, I wouldn't be surprised if they drag this on for 2 or 3 years and let people forget about it and then never release it at all. I think this was a marketing ploy to save face about the fact that they released a 300 mile range car when they promised 500.
Sponsored