Fellow Nerds: Is Elon more Paul or Leto II?

Is Elon Musk more Paul Atredies or Leto II?

• Total voters

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I think one could make a convincing argument that Elon is taking guidance from Dune's Golden Path, with spice = fossil fuels. I am far from the first to suggest this connection. It does beg the question for me, however - is Elon more Paul, or is he Leto II?

Given that he is taking the first steps, but not doing so in an insane way, I lean more Paul.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think one could make a convincing argument that Elon is taking guidance from Dune's Golden Path, with spice = fossil fuels. I am far from the first to suggest this connection. It does beg the question for me, however - is Elon more Paul, or is he Leto II?

Given that he is taking the first steps, but not doing so in an insane way, I lean more Paul.
Paul became like a deity and Leto got murdered. I don't care for either comparison.

OP
OP
WildhavenMI

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Paul became like a deity and Leto got murdered. I don't care for either comparison.
I think you've got something backwards. Spoilers below for anyone who hasn't read the Dune series.

Leto II let himself be killed to complete the golden path and force humanity to change and no longer be dependent on the spice. It was an act of sacrifice of self, not an assassination. I think you might be thinking of Leto I, not Leto II.
Sponsored