Fenske vs Musk.... fight!

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Once again a very good, basic video from Engineering Explained. Calls out some shady marketing claims around the 911 drag race.

Mostly posted in hyperbole because clickbait is fun... :)
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Once again a very good, basic video from Engineering Explained. Calls out some shady marketing claims around the 911 drag race.

on one hand, of course

On the other hand, also of course

“shady marketing claims” is synonymous with “excellent marketing”

the only problem, if at all, is when people gobble up these stunts then make it their entire fanboi personality on xwitter

an especially awkward issue for Tesla with the Cybertruck, because those xwitter fanbois are trying to persuade people the CT is a real truck by bragging about things that make it clear they don’t understand trucks

Nov 30:
let’s not get too hyperbolic

the Ct “beat” *a* 911, not one of *the* 911s

When I see these marketing stunts, my first reaction is “who buys into this stuff?” Then forum
Nov 9:

these vehicles are all so powerful they’re traction limited. what this stunt really ~shows is, put another 250lbs over the rear wheels (~2500lb trailer tongue weight), and the MX will either get off the line faster or no different, net-net. (Note that they never show or disclose who ‘won’, as eventually drag and traction don’t matter anymore at speed)

I have to save this video for next time someone brings up that dumb CT-F150 “tug of war” video

or, god forbid, on Nov 30 they rehash that tug video with a Lightning

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Point still is, "How do you make the 911 faster off the line" Let the Cybertruck tow it.

It still beats the cap out of most anything else. Is it the fastest no.

How far does it take the Cybertruck to get to 60? Isn't it probably less than 1/8 mi?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I trust an engineer who has produced awesome implementations at scale, 100 percent more than I would trust one who remains comfortable at a white board and video editing studio but has never scaled a product.

Either can 'get paid', but I trust the one who gets paid from their product and not just their 'presentation'.

It's been nearly a month and a half since the reveal, so why did it take so long for Jason to make his video? Because it took some time for someone from legacy auto to first approach him.

1 - Tesla never stated the race was a quarter mile, although it may inadvertently have implied it at the end when briefly showing the quarter mile time averages for Cybertruck at 11.2 seconds.

2 - Tesla showed the whole 1/8 mile strip from the air just before the start, and again right before the finish of the race, so one can easily see it's not a quarter mile if they are familiar with viewing drag races.

I think Jason was trying to split hairs in efforts to accuse Tesla of being deceptive.

However I do think Tesla should've just left the quarter mile time off of that video, and/or had the times/distances constantly on the screen during the race. Conveniently leaving out information is something that legacy auto does all the time however. Jason wanted to accuse Tesla of deceptive marketing.

But, to me it's pointless because everyone knows the speed is limited in the beast Cybertruck to 130mph, with Hagerty, Top Gear, Carwow all discussing this in their videos thoroughly done. So some fast cars will catch up to the Cybertruck in the quarter. Who cares - it's a truck.

Jason Fenske was on a mission with a 'Smear Directive' very anxious to use a headline saying "Tesla Tricked You", and calling the race a "Marketing Stunt". But if that were the case Tesla wouldn't have allowed open access to the others like Hagerty, Top Gear, and Carwow for their excellent and thorough drag race reviews. Jason Fenske was behaving on the same legacy auto emotional level as Scotty Kilmer, but they just can't help it when they're on the losing team.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

Last edited: