John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Well marbled ribeye steaks 2 inches thick, medium rare.

jon Pinette, “salad is a promissory note food will arrive.” (fade memory, may not be verbatim)

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Well marbled ribeye steaks 2 inches thick, medium rare.

jon Pinette, “salad is a promissory note food will arrive.” (fade memory, may not be verbatim)
Relax tiger squirrel. I don't have a problem if you want to eat animals. I was just trying to help @drscot with what sounds like a serious condition.
If you fall asleep after eating that 2 inch marbled dead cow and crash and die, don't worry... you will be reborn. #karma

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Relax tiger squirrel. I don't have a problem if you want to eat animals. I was just trying to help @drscot with what sounds like a serious condition.
If you fall asleep after eating that 2 inch marbled dead cow and crash and die, don't worry... you will be reborn. #karma
My body is paying the price for my eating habits.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Not to worry, I plan on eating a carrot this month.
…
In truth, in the middle of changing bad habits so I can stave off a karma reckoning. ?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Not to worry, I plan on eating a carrot this month.
…
In truth, in the middle of changing bad habits so I can stave off a karma reckoning. ?
How about you roast the carrots on your grill then dip em in maple syrup mixed with hot sauce?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
How about you roast the carrots on your grill then dip em in maple syrup mixed with hot sauce?
Maybe one substitution, chicken for the Carrot? I prefer raw vegetables. Except potatoes and corn which are too starchy to believe they are plants.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Blasphemous!

what would I do with my tail hitch grill now, grill tofu?
Don't think that's the issue here. I had a resident vegan cook, and although wonderfully delicious and healthy, it was about as helpful to my sleep apnea as hugging a tree would have been. I was the only MD in my area open to alternative health practices, and it even got me in crosswise with some of my colleagues. I found that some work, some don't, and some are even harmful from the delay in seeking traditional medical care. I always say there are two things that will send a pure naturalist scurrying for a traditional physician rather than an herb or poultice: a rabid skunk bite (virtually all skunks have rabies) or a rattlesnake bite. Suddenly you will see their purism vanish like the morning mist. Or like the purist who lambasted me for taking a semi-synthetic penicillin for an infection as opposed to an all-natural remedy. During the course of our conversation she revealed she had a total knee replacement (and it wasn't made of stone or wood). I asked her how her natural anesthesia worked out (biting on a stick). Of course she opted for synthetic anesthesia and prophylactic intraoperative antibiotics (not natural) as well. Some naturalists are always quick to condemn even sympathetic traditionalists like myself until they have a life threatening experience. Blending of the two is ideal in my opinion. Neither is a panacea. Have a high speed head-on collision like I did and I guarantee you, you will want an orthopedic surgeon to put you back together again. I'm walking today because of an excellent one. There are tons of great natural remedies out there, but just because something is natural doesn't mean it is safe and effective. Poison ivy is natural, and so is tobacco, cyanide, and cobra venom. Ok, I'm off my soap box!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Wow it sounds like you should consider hiring a driver. Seems like a huge risk to drive yourself.
Alternatively have you inspected your diet. A UK study found a huge benefit to controlling sleep apnea by eliminating animal products from a diet.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1559827618765097?journalCode=ajla&
My condition isn't narcolepsy. I don't require a driver. All but one of my accidents were prior to my diagnosis. The one that was after was during a night of sleep deprivation due to illness and unavoidable driving. But thanks. The 'fiery crash" guys needed a driver. If FSD works for you, it ought to work for me. Saw the news clip of the Tesla driver asleep at the wheel on the freeway (Dallas I think) using whatever self driving mode was operational at the time. Maybe a Beta, don't know. He got spanked!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I ordered FSD on my CT as a safety backup, not knowing for sure if it would operate adequately as such. Insurance so to speak. I have sleep apnea that isn't completely treated by CPAP, and I can get drowsy driving on somewhat lengthy trips. I have fallen asleep at the wheel and had accidents. Available medication for the condition helps significantly, but runs about $1,000 per prescription so I take it as needed for long trips. My question and my hope, if I were to fall asleep at the wheel, would FSD detect the "driverless" state and simply pull over and stop safely(which is what I would want it to do), or would it keep driving? Has such a situation been addressed by Elon? There are many sleep apnea patients out there and many are in the same boat I am (or is that a floating CT?).
If you have FSD on (or autopilot), the vehicle will stop safely. Not necessarily pulling over, but it will safely stop and put your hazard lights on.

If you do not have FSD on, your will likely drift off the edge of the road and hit a guard rail. Traffic Aware Cruise might help you here.

If you are on a long drive I suggest using FSD or Autopilot whenever possible. It's a more enjoyable way to drive regardless.

Like so:

When I was younger I had a few minor incidents similar to yours. Never an accident, but one or two incidents which scared the bejesus out of me and caused me to change how I think about longer trips and be alert for early signs of fatigue and quit driving at the first sign.

It's been well over a decade since I've had an issue, but it still concerns me and now that I have a Model Y I use Autopilot as much as possible.
Sponsored