Fiery deaths?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I wanted to post a crazy, over the top, conspiracy theory that the wives killed their husbands and constructed this elaborate coverup. But decided not to out of respect for the families.
Sponsored

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I thought a similar thing. Where was the driver, where is the murder investigation? I am pretty sure I saw this in a movie. Mrderer puts sleeping people in the back of a car and rolls it off a dock. Or in this case puts sleeping people in a car and makes it look like it went off the road and caught fire.
Well the story the wives told was the two left for the drive talking about the autopilot. If that isn't true then it moves the two wives to the top of the suspects list :). And no, I'm not serious but since some of you are posting nonsensical stuff...

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I just read the story and there is a lot of factors missing here. Accessibility of the vehicle, does the fire department know how to put out EV fires, combustible materials around the vehicle that they needed to put out, etc.

Your question is lacking not just those but is missing the main point. What were they doing in the back seat?!

https://electrek.co/2021/04/19/tesla-crash-deaths-police-no-one-drivers-seat/
According to the article, the owner jumped into the back seat "jokingly", leaving his victim in the front passenger seat. He was trying to show off his Model 3. I guess he didn't comprehend what a Beta was. In any event, the 'joke' was on him at the expense of his hapless passenger. If there are any lawsuits forthcoming, they ought to be against his estate and not Tesla IMO. What price tag does one put on stupidity?

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
According to the article, the owner jumped into the back seat "jokingly", leaving his victim in the front passenger seat. He was trying to show off his Model 3. I guess he didn't comprehend what a Beta was. In any event, the 'joke' was on him at the expense of his hapless passenger. If there are any lawsuits forthcoming, they ought to be against his estate and not Tesla IMO. What price tag does one put on stupidity?
1) Elon said, Autopilot was not engaged.
2) How do you jump to back seat after engaged Autopilot? I am 5'9 with normal build. I had hard time to jump from driver seat to back seat in a minivan. Model S has more room than a minivan?

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If there are any lawsuits forthcoming, they ought to be against his estate and not Tesla IMO. What price tag does one put on stupidity?
It is an unfortunate reality that we have gaggles of worthless trial lawyers that will sue anyone at the drop of a hat. The never go after the little guy, they go after the company with the deep pockets (in this case Tesla).
You may remember the case where some idiot bought a huge RV and proceed to drive it on the interstate. He then activated the cruise control and went back to the kitchen area to make himself a sandwich. The RV went off the road and crashed.
The moron sued and won using the defense that the manual (which he prob never read) did not say the cruise control would not keep the vehicle under control if the driver left the wheel unattended.
This reinforces my long held belief that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race at an alarming rate.
My guess is that the widows have already been contacted by some bottom feeding scumbag ambulance chaser.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
By the way, for anybody that is interested in seeing some videos on extrication or firefighting for Teslas or EVs, there's a YouTube channel that has multiple videos. I have had a few saved on my computer for many years. For every new model that Tesla produces they donate a few cars to be used for training like this. I'm sure we will see a video on Cybertruck when it releases. The YouTube channel is Brock Archer, and here are a few related video links:

High Voltage Vehicle Firefighting

Emergency Response to the Tesla Model 3

Model X First Responder Training - Advanced Extrication

Tesla EV Safety Training

Electric Latches (Tesla about how to get around electric latches and handles in vehicles that may not have power)

High voltage vehicle fire fighting update

Overcoming High Strength Steel (tips and tricks)

High Voltage Service Disconnects (for EV and hybrid vehicles)
[]

They even have Emergency Response to the Tesla Solar Roof

Last edited:

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I think YES, EVERY Fire Department is trained in handling EV fires, or else every one is malfeasantly INCOMPETENT!

One in front "passenger seat", the other in "back seat".

There is a video on YUCKtube wherein an individual is videoing some of the aftermath. From his perspective the distance away does not seem great.

Tiger woods vehicle never burst into flames and it was down an embankment.

We will see, whether "FSD" or "Auto Pilot" was in play. But definetly human error played a part.

I thought if a person never "grabbed/touched" the wheel, after a certain amount of time elapsed, things wouldn't work?

We will see.
The owner did not buy FSD, the autopilot was not engaged (the cars are fully connected to Tesla), and had the fire department been trained in putting out an E.V. fire they would not have used WATER. They doused the Lithium battery fire with the one thing that makes the lithium metal EXPLODE. Also, had Tiger Woods' car fuel tank ruptured and a errant spark from any source touched off the fuel vapor the fireball would have dwarfed the Tesla fire. Time and surface area make liquid gasoline into vapor, the vapor is explosive... it is the whole point!
As for the mechanics of using Tesla's autopilot, it seems that you have never driven a Tesla.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Where is the driver? The 2 guys that died one was 59 year old doctor the other 69 year old engineer. This wasn't a tik tok video and what 60 year old climbs into the back seat. And it's not like he was thrown into the back seat... the video of the car shows the front seats in the upright position. Someone was driving.
If the aliens didn't abduct the driver to extract Tesla tech from him, the other possible explanations other than instantaneous case of combustion is that after the accident his door was jammed, he didn't want to climb over his buddies bloody corps so he climbed to the the back to get out and those were jammed too.

p.s. One of our soccer guys is in his seventies and play with urinary catheter attached fairly well. I know a bunch of folks in their sixties that are active and in shape. I am hoping to be one of them (not the catheter guy).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
If the aliens didn't abduct the driver to extract Tesla tech from him, the other possible explanations other than instantaneous case of combustion is that after the accident his door was jammed, he didn't want to climb over his buddies bloody corps so he climbed to the the back to get out and those were jammed too.

p.s. One of our soccer guys is in his seventies and play with urinary catheter attached fairly well. I know a bunch of folks in their sixties that are active and in shape. I am hoping to be one of them (not the catheter guy).
Hey I didn't mean to imply that he was too old to climb into the back seat. Just that he was too old to do that for a tiktok video. Ain't nobody got time for that.