Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Yeah, but he's our nut. There is some value in hearing these off the wall ideas, so we can be prepared with the right studies and arguments.

-Crissa

(There are some limits, of course, but Administrator doesn't let hazardous, eliminationist rhetoric here so we're got those bounds in place.)
Not my nut.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Not my nut.
I swear you must be getting a cut from my therapist. Every image you put in my head is like 10 more sessions. Then again, I am hoping it is my English betraying me again and you are just talking about the type of nut Scrat cares about.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I swear you must be getting a cut from my therapist. Every image you put in my head is like 10 more sessions. Then again, I am hoping it is my English betraying me again and you are just talking about the type of nut Scrat cares about.
I'm not sure what you are referencing with "Scrat". Combined with nut though I'm hoping you didn't just accidentally mistype an extra "r" in there. Maybe I need some sessions with your therapist.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm not sure what you are referencing with "Scrat". Combined with nut though I'm hoping you didn't just accidentally mistype an extra "r" in there. Maybe I need some sessions with your therapist.
Scrat is a fictional character from the ice age. He has a fixation on a nut. I think he is a sabre tooth squirrel.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Scrat is a fictional character from the ice age. He has a fixation on a nut. I think he is a sabre tooth squirrel.
I think Scrat is half Squirrel half rat.

1619145189762.png

LOL. I knew Scrat had to be something.

Yes, a saber-tooth squirrel. I liked that character a lot. Just never knew that was its name.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Future Scenario - Lets imagine you're the first on the scene of a 2 car head on crash where smoke & flames are present from the leaking fuel from car 1 - Both drivers appear unresponsive.
You go to the 1st cars drivers door - it remains locked, so you pick up a nearby rock, smash the side window, reach in & pull the door opener - release the seat belt & pull the occupant to safety.
You quickly go to the 2nd car -Jeez, its got No door handles!
Where's my rock - The faithful rock just keeps bouncing off the glass like its bulletproof or something!
Both cars explode - The End
?
Yeah, just for that I'm going to make sure your Cybertruck gets re-routed to fucking Siberia. :mad:

Last edited:

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
1) Elon said, Autopilot was not engaged.
2) How do you jump to back seat after engaged Autopilot? I am 5'9 with normal build. I had hard time to jump from driver seat to back seat in a minivan. Model S has more room than a minivan?
Simple: he must've been 5'8" and only wearing socks. So goes the story anyway, minus the height and the socks. I didn't write the story.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Yeah, just for that I'm going to make sure your Cybertruck get re-routed to fucking Siberia. :mad:
Well, in all likelihood, you may not have to worry about it. It actually happened to me. A high speed head-on collision rendered me trapped and severely injured, The car appeared to be smoking as pointed out by the lookie-loos. "It's gonna blow!" I remember hearing once I regained consciousness. The trooper had no interest in getting me out while waiting on the jaws of life. He had to get information for his report and so interrogation was in order. He couldn't wait until after they got me out. After all, if it exploded, his interrogation would have been cut short anyway. Well, as it turned out, the "smoke" was the powder from the airbag, but nobody knew that. I was just pissed that his report was more important than my life. True story.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I just meet a close family friend of the deceased passenger.

According to the deceased's family, there was a brick found in drivers area of the car.

The two men had just dropped off the wives at the hotel and the owner/driver was going to show his friend how the Tesla can drive itself.

This was a tragic accident caused by a very very poor decision to show off a feature that, in my opinion, the owner did not fully understand.

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
I just meet a close family friend of the deceased passenger.

According to the deceased's family, there was a brick found in drivers area of the car.

The two men had just dropped off the wives at the hotel and the owner/driver was going to show his friend how the Tesla can drive itself.

This was a tragic accident caused by a very very poor decision to show off a feature that, in my opinion, the owner did not fully understand.
Not sure about some of your facts. The accident happened on the owners own street. Not sure where a hotel comes into play except that they may have all been coming back from dinner and drinks at a hotel. The passenger lived about 10 miles away.

I have not heard anything about a brick and it really doesn't make sense. Auto steer doesn't work without the smart cruise control already activated. Not sure what a brick would have accomplished. These were not complete idiots but somehow made an idiotic decision that night.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Not sure about some of your facts. The accident happened on the owners own street. Not sure where a hotel comes into play except that they may have all been coming back from dinner and drinks at a hotel. The passenger lived about 10 miles away.

I have not heard anything about a brick and it really doesn't make sense. Auto steer doesn't work without the smart cruise control already activated. Not sure what a brick would have accomplished. These were not complete idiots but somehow made an idiotic decision that night.
This is the info that was offered to me. The person I spoke to knows them personally, and talked to the family since the accident.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

This is the info that was offered to me. The person I spoke to knows them personally, and talked to the family since the accident.
Of course, the news media never gets anything wrong. And friend-of-a-friend stories are always the most reliable. For all I know, the car may have been hit by lightning. That seems to be the go-to danger in life.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
More details have been leaked:

The log does indicate that cruise control was activated and the speed was increased but at no point was lanekeeping active. The overrides were being used.

Same with the Consumer Reports demonstration - not only did they need to do several steps to defeat the attention sensors, they were holding down the override on the steering wheel and the brake pedal as they swapped seats.

CR holding down the override while swapping seats kinda makes me steamed at them. There *should* be overrides. That's the point of having a human driver - to be able to tell the car not to panic or disengage. "The human driver has this."

Expecting the car to stop reduces its reliability ...and makes it impossible to add assistance features: if the safety interlocks just going to reduce the reliability, who would buy it? You'd always be having it panic as it fails at one of a dozen sensors.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
More details have been leaked:

The log does indicate that cruise control was activated and the speed was increased but at no point was lanekeeping active and the overrides were being used.

Same with the Consumer Reports demonstration - not only did they need to do several steps to defeat the attention sensors, they were holding down the override on the steering wheel and the brake pedal as they swapped seats.

CR holding down the override while swapping seats kinda makes me steamed at them. There *should* be overrides. That's the point of having a human driver - to be able to tell the car not to panic or disengage. "The human driver has this."

Expecting the car to stop reduces its reliability ...and makes it impossible to add assistance features: if the safety interlocks just going to reduce the reliability, who would buy it? You'd always be having it panic as it fails at one of a dozen sensors.

-Crissa
They forgot to mention my favorite alternative theory for the missing driver. ?. But thanks for posting, they really are thoughtful in the analysis.
Sponsored