Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very happy with our first toadtrip 12 hours after delivery. basically uphill all the way, first time copilot drove the truck and only ran over 1 curb but learned really fast about the crazy steering. Also 1st time I ever saw here go over 90 passing string of trucks. 2 lane most of the way, US95 adaptive cruise “panics” once in awhile when behind a group of cars trucks and all of a sudden an 18 wheeler appears around a corner or on a crest of a hill confusing cruise that a vehicle is appearing to be dramatically changing speed. Happened a few times first time was really unexpected but then I could see some of the action coming later. Love the truck
IMG_8688.png
IMG_8675.jpeg
Sponsored

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I have had TACC get a bit wonky on hills, and transition from light to dark concrete. Also black stripes from heavy truck braking. Confusion is also present on trucks oncoming and traffic barrels currently. Closing in on 5k.

Side note. If you let a stranger drive the truck make sure there is no backing up involved or turning out of a tight space. Despite all my warnings it surprises just about everyone.

COLAB

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
colabsystems.com
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Product manager IT services
Country flag
Very happy with our first toadtrip 12 hours after delivery. basically uphill all the way, first time copilot drove the truck and only ran over 1 curb but learned really fast about the crazy steering. Also 1st time I ever saw here go over 90 passing string of trucks. 2 lane most of the way, US95 adaptive cruise “panics” once in awhile when behind a group of cars trucks and all of a sudden an 18 wheeler appears around a corner or on a crest of a hill confusing cruise that a vehicle is appearing to be dramatically changing speed. Happened a few times first time was really unexpected but then I could see some of the action coming later. Love the truck
IMG_8688.png
IMG_8675.jpeg
Nice repport and it's a good exemple of possibilitys with this wonderfull Pickup Tesla ! Thank's to share Sir and have fun ! 😜🤙

thedownwardmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MSP, stalks ftw
Country flag
I love doing road trips through the southwest and Nevada is no exception. I'm looking forward to Tesla completing the Supercharger in Ely, that will fill a huge gap in the network so we can do US-50.

In my experience TACC does a lot of phantom braking when there is heat mirage -- that shimmer on the road in the far distance when it's hot. This happens a lot in the southwest, obviously.

$24 for 412 miles? A comparable truck, the Ram TRX, gets an observed 13 mpg. At $4/gal that's $127 -- you're already saving money!

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I love doing road trips through the southwest and Nevada is no exception. I'm looking forward to Tesla completing the Supercharger in Ely, that will fill a huge gap in the network so we can do US-50.

In my experience TACC does a lot of phantom braking when there is heat mirage -- that shimmer on the road in the far distance when it's hot. This happens a lot in the southwest, obviously.

$24 for 412 miles? A comparable truck, the Ram TRX, gets an observed 13 mpg. At $4/gal that's $127 -- you're already saving money!
that price isnt right more then likely its using his home charging rate to calculate it, $24 for 192 kwh is 12.5 cents a kwh and no way are superchargers charging only 12.5 per kwh, i bet its closer to 3x that but still saving money regardless.

thedownwardmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MSP, stalks ftw
Country flag
that price isnt right more then likely its using his home charging rate to calculate it, $24 for 192 kwh is 12.5 cents a kwh and no way are superchargers charging only 12.5 per kwh, i bet its closer to 3x that but still saving money regardless.
Fair point, chargers along that route are around $0.39/kWh. I've seen it as low as $0.17 (at a Las Vegas Tesla center in off hours) but $0.40ish is typical for a road trip. I scout around for $0.23 locally.

Obviously if you start off with a full charge at home, the first leg can be very inexpensive.

OP
OP
RonGonRetired

RonGonRetired

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Correct that was est for home charging., SC were .39-.41 per KWH overall was less than $80 still much cheaper than my High Country 3500hd Duramax usually runs $110-120 for this trip.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
IMG_8688.png
IMG_8675.jpeg
Hopefully, you had enough bodies warm in the cabin to keep you comfy at 55F. 😅🥶

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Nevada rate is .17 cents, Supercharger is .37 cents.

Cheaper driving a Nissan Altima with 37 mpg.

But then you are not in a cool Cybertruck. :p

At those conditions, OP's Cyberruck range is about 270 miles thereabouts.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Nevada rate is .17 cents, Supercharger is .37 cents.

Cheaper driving a Nissan Altima with 37 mpg.

But then you are not in a cool Cybertruck. :p

At those conditions, OP's Cyberruck range is about 270 miles thereabouts.
you saw what happens when a nissan and a CT go up against eachother :p

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
you saw what happens when a nissan and a CT go up against eachother :p
One of the reasons I sold it
despite the protestation of the wife who owns it. 🤣

I also got tired of Nissan service center asking me incessantly if I want to sell it.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Sounds like a fun trip.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
IMG_8688.png
IMG_8675.jpeg
Amazing.

CyberBison

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX, hopefully Cybertruck
Country flag

13 mpg is a little optimistic for a TRX. But they are fun trucks! :) Hopefully the Beast will provide the fun at a lower variable cost.

thedownwardmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MSP, stalks ftw
Country flag
13 mpg is a little optimistic for a TRX. But they are fun trucks! :) Hopefully the Beast will provide the fun at a lower variable cost.
I believe it. I went with C&D observed highway mileage, and here is how they get that number.

I also didn't notice that the TRX requires premium, so expect closer to $5/gal (I guess? Idk, I live in CA).

Point being, the operating cost of the CT seems on the low end within the realm of high performance trucks. Which everyone here already knew.
Sponsored