Forbes EV market analysis(TSLA beatdown)

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Factories that build factories that build batteries used to build bots that build cars.

That aboot sums it up. (Soory if I got that wrong. Canadian is a second language)
Hi Dennis, yes now we have bots that build 4680 batteries (i.e., not cars). I think we are saying the same thing.

It is even more difficult for me since my mother tongue is Quebecois (not even French from Europe). It was not Canadian, US/UK/Aussie English. I learned to speak "English" after an intensive 6 months session when I joined the Canadian Armed Forces in 1979. However, I still managed to spend 41+ years in the Canadian Government working mostly in English with our Canadian partners. :) I even completed a BSc. in computer science from the University of Victoria (UVIC) in BC in 1989 and a Master's Degree at Saint Paul University in 2020 all done in English. I am not bragging, these are just facts. I try to be as accurate as possible, but my brain was already wired when I learned English, so it will be unnatural for a long time, if not forever.

Edit (12 Nov 2021): My English speaking coworkers used to asked me if I was (or could be) dreaming in English. My answer should have been (now that I know better): Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? :cool:

Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Apologies if I offended your Canadian sensibilities. I love Canada. It would be nice if we could execute a reverse merger with you. And I didn’t mean to make light of this news piece. It’s just my nature to be irreverent.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I've had a few Québécois friends whose English was terrible! Yours is great, tho I would have still guessed from word choice. I love accents and regional dialects ^-^

-Crissa
Sponsored