Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t think it’s too late to invest in Tesla. Maybe not the best week to do it (though I picked up some shares yesterday at $970 Due to a case of acute FOMO), but I think there is a good argument for why Tesla is bigger than the rest of the industry right now.

Fundamentally, we need EV production to grow 20-30 times higher than it currently is over the next 10 years. Tesla is currently the only company poised to produce anywhere near that kind of growth.

Add in the power storage, solar, and the Supercharger network and there is a lot of potential ahead.
Including the Cyberbots that will be made using Tesla's AI technology for the SpaceX's mission to Mars and etc.

There is more here. I love watching this weekly show.
Tesla Time News - Tesla Hits $1 Trillion! - YouTube
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla will need a new factory sooner than 3-4 years. Tesla needs to start building a new factory by the end of 2022 and still won't be able to keep up with demand.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla will need a new factory sooner than 3-4 years. Tesla needs to start building a new factory by the end of 2022 and still won't be able to keep up with demand.
I hope it is about building new Teslabots!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla has a lot of acreage in Texas. They just need the rain to stop for a week or two and they would have like 3 more factories built there.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla has a lot of acreage in Texas. They just need the rain to stop for a week or two and they would have like 3 more factories built there.
Current factory being built is Phase I and at least some portions of Phase II(extending south end 500 ft.). No one knows yet what Phase III will be. Expansion is planned. By 2024-25 it will most likely be the largest auto manufacturing plant in the world. VW's Wolfsburg plant will not be able to compete.

Elon has said there will another Giga factory somewhere in the Eastern U.S.

With Tesla's current market capitalization of over $1T(more than all major auto manufacturers combined); I can't imagine what the CEO's/exec's are talking about at board meetings/conferences. Oh it did prompt GM's CEO Mary Barra to make an embarrassingly ludicrous announcement that GM will overtake Tesla in EV sales. Waiting for Toyota's CEO to make a similar bizarre announcement......

Billh

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Tech officer
Country flag
Growth slows over time. We're never going to see 5x growth per year with Tesla again like we did not long ago. Thems the breaks. You can't value a fast growing company based on average growth because then you end up in a situation where a trillion dollar company is expected to be a 5 trillion dollar company in a year.

Crazy like Amazon or Apple. Exceedingly hard to value reasonably. Lots of assumptions one way or the other about future growth. Where is the 4680 going?

I own Tesla because Musk has done amazing things and I expect him to continue to do amazing and stunning things. But it's hard to put a dollar amount on that.

(Wasn't questioning market cap number, just as I said too lazy to look at the moment, thanks)
Lets try to remember that Tesla is going to be the top AI company by far, the largest battery energy management company , the largest BOT company, the largest EV company, the largest rootaxi, the largest electric semi company and they are likely going to start producing the most efficient heat pumps for buildings /houses and workshops. so take thiose numbers and start multiplying the potential not just EV supplier although they are the best managed EV company.given the talent of the staff and unbelievable first principles thinking ideology of Elon. Tesla to the moon and beyond!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
GM CEO Mary Barra has lost touch with reality.

I don't think Mary Barra will be around in 2025.
GM as we know it might not be around in 2025.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GM as we know it might not be around in 2025.
Who did put her in charge anyway? It is strange...

I am buying more Tesla stocks as soon as I can (in Jan 2022 an extra $6K Cnd). In Canada we have an allowance of $6000 of investments for a Tax Free Saving Account (TFSA) per year for many years already. Meaning that in my TFSA account any Tesla gains will be free of taxes in the future. I am banking on getting a "free" CT. However, I plan on keeping my Tesla stocks for the longer run and pay for the CT as I go along into my retirement.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
The real estate crash is probably why sales of Teslas were soft in China. Not FUD.

-Crissa
No, soft China sales were due to shipping so many cars to Europe. Tesla cannot meet all of China demand. It will help when Giga Berlin is supplying Europe so China production can stay mostly in China.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No, soft China sales were due to shipping so many cars to Europe. Tesla cannot meet all of China demand. It will help when Giga Berlin is supplying Europe so China production can stay mostly in China.
China sales have been weird.

While they are selling a ton there, they‘ve pulled multiple levers which they don’t need to pull here in the states to keep sales going.

#1 They reintroduced the Model Y SR. They will in the US eventually, but just an indication of demand Is there relative to here.

#2 They’ve been doing some promotions and advertising there.

#3 They introduced special financing (which turned out to be too popular).

On top of this, they have been able to export thousands of cars from China.

It’s certainly not a bad-news market, but it’s been a bit more of a struggle there. They have strong competition there where the rest of the planet is basically an EV wasteland.
Sponsored