Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Much more interesting than pages of seemingly unrelated junk would be a single paragraph or two post about how this is relevant to Tesla.

If you did post anything about Tesla, it's streamed past in all these other posts.
TESLA
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Much more interesting than pages of seemingly unrelated junk would be a single paragraph or two post about how this is relevant to Tesla.

If you did post anything about Tesla, it's streamed past in all these other posts.
The real estate crash is probably why sales of Teslas were soft in China. Not FUD.

-Crissa

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Thanks for posting all the info TruckElectric. I find it very relevant to TSLA stock, and the US markets in general.

I personally feel that TSLA's overvaluation is fine in today's artificially exuberant market, but will not hold up well in some theoretical future market where investors actually care about valuations and price to sales ratios. We'll get there, eventually. Seems like China's housing market is leading that direction and bringing the Chinese economy with it. Will the US follow?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I doubt the US will follow. It might hurt stock prices for a moment - those Chinese investors either will need a place to put their cash or wont have cash - but their markets are in trouble.

-Crissa

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
2022 came early! ?
Man, it's just crazy how much money people are making on TSLA. I sold my shares a few months ago and made some excellent profits, but I totally missed the rally from $650 to $1000. Good on you for those who still have their shares. I will be buying any major dip for sure.

I still can't reconcile my strong belief in Tesla as paradigm changing company with my general distrust of the irrational markets these days.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I still can't reconcile my strong belief in Tesla as paradigm changing company with my general distrust of the irrational markets these days.
You and me both! The market has changed in part due to the Fed pumping and what I call the "Robinhood traders effect" - the markets irrationality is amplified with the Robinhood traders.

It's a "Brave New World" in the stock market these days.......but something will give I think; I just don't know when.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It hasn’t just been Tesla though, the past 2 years have been very good to investors.

But this week has been nuts. Today it made a run for 1100, then capitulated and we’re at a small loss.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Federal Reserve Balance Sheet 10/21/2121 $8.56 Trillion

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Markets have a known problem with popularity. Shine a spotlight and the value of something will not follow the underlying trends. This is why pump-n-dump and fudster-n-shorts schemes work. But it's a natural effect of popularity as well: you can see this in media, a thousand perfectly adequate artists perform but only the one that gets the media attention gets the big bucks.

This isn't to say it's wrong, it's just something we should be aware of. Tesla is getting to shine for doing many of the right things right now, and that's awesome. It's hard to stay there in the long run, tho. I wish I could have invested in them ^-^

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don’t think it’s too late to invest in Tesla. Maybe not the best week to do it (though I picked up some shares yesterday at $970 Due to a case of acute FOMO), but I think there is a good argument for why Tesla is bigger than the rest of the industry right now.

Fundamentally, we need EV production to grow 20-30 times higher than it currently is over the next 10 years. Tesla is currently the only company poised to produce anywhere near that kind of growth.

Add in the power storage, solar, and the Supercharger network and there is a lot of potential ahead.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Also, pretty clearly, the huge threat the Evergrande fiasco was to be on Tesla was clearly overblown.