Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...with-standard-hybrid-40mpg-city-20k-msrp.164/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/0...erful-hybrid-pickup-truck/?comments=1&start=0

What’s really interesting is the comment section. ARSTECHNICA is a technology geek millennials hangout that HATES car reviews, ICE they hate on even harder. The comments have been flowing hot and heavy from “first post” positive!

Maverick smaller than FORD RANGER, is having a bit of a moment hitting millennials hot button issues in all areas.
Sponsored

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
I really like it and would have bought this years ago, but I’m keeping my Ridgeline until the Cybertruck is out. It seems this Maverick and the Honda Ridgeline would be perfect candidates for EV’s since they are already unibodies.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
The Maverick does offer AWD, but you lose the hybrid powertrain. I like the size and price, but would not buy a non-EV for myself. I'd buy the Maverick for my Dad though because he also likes small pickup trucks and has had a few of the older Ford Rangers and currently a Chevy S-10.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
This truck is very appealing to me. Ford's design end engineering team seems to have put a ton of thought into it.. I REALLY wish they would offer it as a Hybrid 4wd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
Cute!

This is more the size I need, but it's a bit late. I already reserved a Cybertruck. EV or nothing.

-Crissa
Maverick may be the little truck that saves FORD.

FORD held the little truck back waiting to get all the publicity off the Lightning launch. Riding coattail cost FORD you and untold others.

But it shows FORD proved there is a hot segment beneath Ranger @ $20k USD price point Internationally. FORD has a winner

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Maverick may be the little truck that saves FORD.

FORD held the little truck back waiting to get all the publicity off the Lightning launch. Riding coattail cost FORD you and untold others.

But it shows FORD proved there is a hot segment beneath Ranger @ $20k USD price point Internationally. FORD has a winner
yeah, even with some upgrades its very affordable.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
My last vehicle was a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid. It was pretty cool vehicle. Had no problems or complaints on the hybrid system. If you accelerated really slowly you could run full electric up to 40 MPH for maybe a minute. I'm guessing Ford has taken the technology from that vehicle and improved on it.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The bed is 4.5 foot. That is pretty short.

The biggest problem is that it is a 100% fossil fuel powered vehicle.
In this day and age (2020s), we should be further along. For Ford to still be releasing new models of 100% fossil fuel powered vehicles is irresponsible.

It needed to be a plug-in hybrid with 60 mi range to be minimally acceptable to society based on our current pollution problems and future climate issues.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...with-standard-hybrid-40mpg-city-20k-msrp.164/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/0...erful-hybrid-pickup-truck/?comments=1&start=0

What’s really interesting is the comment section. ARSTECHNICA is a technology geek millennials hangout that HATES car reviews, ICE they hate on even harder. The comments have been flowing hot and heavy from “first post” positive!

Maverick smaller than FORD RANGER, is having a bit of a moment hitting millennials hot button issues in all areas.
Only 24 years behind the times.... The first Prius was in 1997. We are just now getting around to this thing? Would have kicked butt about 10 to 15 years ago. Now its basically a distraction that is delaying Ford from making real progress. Nice enough I guess. But WHY??

OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
yeah, even with some upgrades its very affordable.
Hilux, Misubishi, NISSAN pickups FORD in International markets is going to give them a run for the money with Maverick.

FORD will figure out 4x4 and hybrid will play well in those third world markets where electricity grids suck. Well played hand FORD.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hilux, Misubishi, NISSAN pickups FORD in International markets is going to give them a run for the money with Maverick.

FORD will figure out 4x4 and hybrid will play well in those third world markets where electricity grids suck. Well played hand FORD.
I dunno, I'm not a rocket scientist like my buddy Elon, but as long as you're putting an electric motor in there, why not do away with the ICE and the transmission? It just seems hybrids are for companies who haven't quite figured out the BEV concept.
Sponsored