James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 S - P85D, 2015 F-350, 2015 Cayenne diesel, 2006 Harley Davidson
Occupation
retired
Country flag
FSD Concern: Ordered Cybertruck early but would like FSD. Maybe these are shipped later in 2020, early 2021. But what if delays in federal approval for FSD cause a delay in implementation?

If FSD vehicle is nearing the warranty expiration, just before the warranty expires? If it has FSD issues, will Tesla warranty the FSD for full warranty term (4 years) after up-air loaded onto you vehicle?

Meanwhile, in your 4 years of ownership, YOU never got to enjoy it at all.

Seems no way around it, except delay FSD software and risk much higher cost later. Am I being unfair to worry? Please comment on this topic. :( ??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I think the question is, what do you want from this FSD.
if its lvl 5 take u home after the bar, expect 6+years (just an educated guess).
If its use it around town or freeway while still baby sitting it (albiet less and less) have at it.
I DO expect a limited lvl 5...specific location designated for FSD and route to specific location designated for fsd, no driver needed withen 3 years. again just educated guesses. I could be 100% wrong

Last edited:

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
But what if delays in federal approval for FSD cause a delay in implementation?
Federal approval isn't what you need to worry about causing delays. Tesla just can't make it work yet.

Not picking on Tesla, NO one can make it work yet.

And four years to complete implementation is way optimistic.

And no on any warranty beyond normal.

1) If you don't want to gamble, do not get FSD
or
2) wait to buy until it is working

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
You know what people want? They want their 10k worth of software they were promised or 6000 back and enhanced autopilot that exists. I see class action against Tesla. This isn't right. This is fraud.
Pretty sure there was some type of lawsuit for the 1st or second gen cars. But they wised up and got better lawyers, so u cant now

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This isn't right. This is fraud.
There was no time-table. It's not fraud if there's an genuine effort to comply.

So... You're in the wrong here. Unless FSD is declared illegal by the government or something, the courts won't touch it.

-Crissa

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
You know what people want? They want their 10k worth of software they were promised or 6000 back and enhanced autopilot that exists. I see class action against Tesla. This isn't right. This is fraud.
Are you sure your real name isn't Gordon Johnson?

I looked you up and read all the posts you've made. You literally hate Tesla and Elon.

And you have a CT reservation?

I swear Gordon must have a dozen accounts on this forum.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla wasn't selling vans to Amazon.

You're furious because you expected what? I'm not sure what you expected.

-Crissa

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I'm not a fanboy. I do have an early truck reserved but I hate being lied to and promised all this crap that never happens. What I can't believe it's how many of you think that Elon can do no wrong and that he's entitled to keep lying to the people who have money invested in his product. Be transparent. Tell the truth. Look at the roadster! I would be furious. I can see why Amazon didn't buy 100k vans from Tesla. They are already taking delivery and rivian still has yet to produce one truck. The way Tesla operates Amazon would have got first van in 2025 but promised 2021. I work hard for my money and am entitled to a bit of respect like everyone else who is making Tesla rich. I think Elon is brilliant but he has to stop making promises he knows he can't deliver on. Keep the customer in the loop. Enough double speak.

Fair enough, not a fanboy and I respect that.

One of Elon's "jobs" is to keep pushing Tesla forward. I think he does this by suggesting time frames that his goals will be accomplished by. "Elon Time" as it's been coined.

My boss does the same thing. He comes to our facility once a week, yells at me for not meeting his production expectations. It's his fault for having unrealistic expectations given the limited company resources I have at hand.

Anyhow, glad you're not Gordon. That guy seriously doesn't make any sense. Listening to him is painful.
Sponsored