Full Self Driving FSD Included?

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
After attending the delivery event on November 30th, Tesla was silent on a variety of topics, but the website filled many of the blanks. However, one major item that nobody appears to be talking about is whether or not Full Self Driving is included. It is not mentioned as an option anywhere in the Cybertruck page.

With the sizable price increase, it would be a nice touch if they said that FSD is included with all Cybertrucks. My guess, they will more than likely have a separate charge similar to the premium tires, etc.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
After attending the delivery event on November 30th, Tesla was silent on a variety of topics, but the website filled many of the blanks. However, one major item that nobody appears to be talking about is whether or not Full Self Driving is included. It is not mentioned as an option anywhere in the Cybertruck page.

With the sizable price increase, it would be a nice touch if they said that FSD is included with all Cybertrucks. My guess, they will more than likely have a separate charge similar to the premium tires, etc.

Thoughts?
It's not included. It is an option you can add. $7k to $12k depending if you locked in a price along the way.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does adding FSD automatically make the dual ineligible for the federal rebate, or is it not considered part of purchase price?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Does adding FSD automatically make the dual ineligible for the federal rebate, or is it not considered part of purchase price?
Software isn't included in the federal definition of msrp. So no, it doesn't count towards the rebate limit, you're free to add it on.

Also, you can rent the software instead of buying it.

-Crissa

EVMOGUL

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Social media director
Country flag
Software isn't included in the federal definition of msrp. So no, it doesn't count towards the rebate limit, you're free to add it on.

Also, you can rent the software instead of buying it.

-Crissa
Interesting point about subscribing. I wonder if you could subscribe and then cancel after a time if you didn’t want to have it, ongoing?

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
You can subscribe and cancel whenever you want. Not sure why anybody would pay 12k. It's not worth it. It barely works. I would suggest doing the subscription. If you are like me you will use it a few times and quit in frustration. It tried to drive me into a couple objects and also stopped in the middle of the road in front of a moving car.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
You can subscribe and cancel whenever you want. Not sure why anybody would pay 12k. It's not worth it. It barely works. I would suggest doing the subscription. If you are like me you will use it a few times and quit in frustration. It tried to drive me into a couple objects and also stopped in the middle of the road in front of a moving car.
Agreed, I would only lease it if I was going on a long trip which would be infrequently.

It could be similar to the Starlink RV, you pay a little bit more a month, but you rent it a month at a time and can shut it down whenever you want. We have one for our home and another we take to a remote property we have.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It's not included. It is an option you can add. $7k to $12k depending if you locked in a price along the way.
they haven’t said a word about AP or FSD

so while I think what you’ve said is the intent eventually, strong assumption is that neither AP nor FSD are currently comparable with the CyberTruck

I assume steer-by-wire has not played nicely

generally, I’m looking for the glaring topics NOT covered at the event or on the website, as indicative of helpful intel

eg, notice no mention (much less bragging) about brakeover or departure/approach angles

eg, notice no mention of expected configuration opening for retail sales

Etc.

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
It is something to ponder as to why cybertruck does not come with auto-pilot. All other Teslas came with auto pilot.
1. Auto pilot software is not developed yet because of the complexity of the variable ratio steering of steer by wire.
2. FSD is getting so close now with the new modeling scheme that auto pilot will be rolled into FSD. (if you want AP. then you must purchase FSD)

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It is something to ponder as to why cybertruck does not come with auto-pilot. All other Teslas came with auto pilot.
1. Auto pilot software is not developed yet because of the complexity of the variable ratio steering of steer by wire.
2. FSD is getting so close now with the new modeling scheme that auto pilot will be rolled into FSD. (if you want AP. then you must purchase FSD)
Actually no other new Tesla have been introduced with Autopilot, it came after the vehicles were introduced.
With the removal of the ultrasonic sensors about months ago, the newer cars didn't have FSD for a number of months. They had to update FSD.

Elon announced a long time ago the HW3 implementation was a priority for FSD, HW4 would come maybe 6 months later. The Cybertruck has HW4.

The Cybertruck will probably be similar, they just need a few months to get it moved over. But this is also in the middle of the V12 update, which is keeping the FSD team pretty busy right now.

I'm pretty sure that variable steering isn't a big deal at all for FSD, neither is steer by wire. After all, FSD has ALWAYS been steer by wire. Unlike the movie Airplane, Teslas have never used Otto.
Sponsored