Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Jay Leno... *smh* You get to check out the Cybertruck, something that almost no one has had the chance to do. You get to drive it. You get to feature it on your show...

...AND YOU ASK ZERO NEW QUESTIONS ABOUT IT?!?!?! NOTHING???

Jeeze you drive me nuts.
Sponsored

NoelsDad

First Name
Aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently a Nissan and Toyota hopefully CT in couple more years!
Occupation
Payroll administrator
Country flag
Jay Leno... *smh* You get to check out the Cybertruck, something that almost no one has had the chance to do. You get to drive it. You get to feature it on your show...

Jeeze you drive me nuts.
And drives it like a grandma the entire time! ?

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
My takeaways and questions having looked closely the video above frame by frame.

1. The bottom of the vehicle is incredibly smooth. I know there was talk about it being armored to protect the battery but wow....That will really help areas in the rust belt!! (4:23)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676366588

2. There is a rear view mirror (as required by law) but it appears to be in an interesting spot on the windshield. it also appears to be angular in design (5:17)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676665437

3. There is something interesting going on with the A-Pillar. Top portion looks to just be a covering that is spliced to match with the headliner. but not sure what the lower design is...(5:17 also)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676675820

4. Charging port appears to be drivers side rear only :52, 3:55)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676909984
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676888948

5. I dont see any front connections for a plow (0:30, 4:22)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590677302095
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590676995193

6. I have questions as to what these markings are in the vault :31)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590677068531

7. Dash material appears that it may have been updated from launch night :14)
Tesla Cybertruck Full Video: Cybertruck Featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1590677157340

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think at the rear right side of the bed is a small door to access the electrical connection. I also think the air connections are at the rear left in the bed, but I do not have any proof, I just have this vague memory... maybe the early access article?

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Jeeze you drive me nuts.
That may have been Tesla's request. You want to drive it, you can only ask questions we have given answers to.

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag

Jeeze you drive me nuts.
Ya, honestly Jay hadn’t been briefed on specs or just forgot. All the convo was about basic stuff like ‘it’s bullet proof’, but nothing cool like the electric and pneumatic power sources, air suspension, etc

One question that occurred to me: it’s cool that CT fits in the Boring tunnel, but could you hitch a trailer to CT for underground cargo transport? Limitation would be turn angle, couldn’t exceed a certain °. We could get Uhaul renters and mid-size transport off surface streets and loaded into cyber trailers, free up some lanes.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice! Look at that view from inside with the all glass roof, it's beautiful. :love:

And impressive strength shown by the vault cover. Elon is a big guy - about 6'2" and 200+ pounds.
Yeah. Concur. Of all the "new" stuff I had hoped to glean from the Jay Leon show, the apparent strength of the tonneau cover was the highlight to me. Impressive! But I was bummed by the TV show itself. Call me a whiner...thirty minutes of commercials in a one-hour show, interrupted by other car stuff. Okay, okay, that's TV production. I had hoped Jay would really get into some of the nitty-gritty, but he and Sandy have different agendas. Can't wait until Sandy Monroe gets his hands on a CYBRTRK in two years. Then we'll learn something. Oh.....I was also impressed by the glass roof. From the outside, I thought it would be more claustrophobic.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Camp mode on the Model Y, at least, keeps the AC or Heat on to maintain whatever temperature you set and will remain that way till it hits a predetermined level of battery charge. Dog mode is similar but not the same. Plus, with camp mode, you get a nice fire on the display!
Okay, I had heard of camp mode but thought it was a future enhancement. Sweet!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The Cybertruck looks even better to me in this video when seeing it in motion and in natural outdoor lighting. That stainless steel just pops!

Anyone notice he says 5% size reduction vs 3%? This was shot a while back before he tweeted about a 3% reduction so I assume that's more accurate than his earlier 5% estimate.
Since the 3% tweet, he said that they were going to leave it the size of the prototype.
Sponsored