Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I don't think Elon anticipated all this. Hungary would have been a better choice for the factory.

Or the Czech Republic. I was surprised he chose Germany with their anti-US car, anti-business progress Green Party attitude. After much thought I believe he made a wise strategic move instead of the smart business decision.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds pretty minor on the scale of things.
It is. But minors can add up. Kinda like an older vehicle that can nickel-and-dimes you to death.

I suspect that Tesla will have continuing problems of this sort in years to come in Grünheide.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I have no ill will for German factory but the more problems in Germany, the larger piece of California 4680 pie goes to Texas CTs.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

The lawyer representing the environmental party went on to make some pretty stupid statements, such as the building should be frozen and that Elon is the richest man and therefore could pay any fine out of his postage. (I suppose he could pay the fine in shares of Tesla... But that's not exactly cash, mr lawyer.)

It sounds like some contractor got ahead of schedule. These are tanks that are in every refrigerator and car, basically, but bigger, and it's not clear if they're actually storage or part of a larger machine.

Basically, they got caught exceeding the size allowed for some part without inspection. That's not cool, but it happens all the time in construction that an inspector or a contractor or a permit arrives out of order.

-Crissa
Sponsored