Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Had a black truck once. It was so beautiful when freshly cleaned and waxed. 30 mins later visible dust already noticeable. :( The worst for me was a very quick and light drizzle of rain. Just enough for the rain to bead on the surface and cause the dust to collect up into tiny spots but not enough to actually rinse the dust off.
Living in NC we have pine everywhere and in early spring you can watch the green pollen float of the trees and right to your black car/truck to turn it a great shade of green
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
How about an egg shell finish?
Wouldn't that be ironic?

Fragile eggshell finish on a bulletproof cold rolled SS exterior.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I said this about someone's post about a chrome Cybertruck and I'll say it about gloss black. I'm not a fan of cars that I can use as a mirror.

It looks awesome at first sight, really cool as a visual, but I would never want this on my Cybertruck. I wouldn't even want this on a neighbors Cybertruck.

I'm still on team stainless steel. Just can't beat the toughness.

Beer_and_salami

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I personally despise piano black used by auto manufacturers; it is a cheap means for them to cover up interior and exterior surfaces. But, in this case, gloss black, AKA piano black, looks super dope on the Cybertruck :love:
If stainless is bad with fingerprints, piano black is awful with dust/scratches/swirls. That's going to be tough to wash and keep pristine.