cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I do love that tight turn radius of 4 wheel steering. If CT had that, there would be no advantage that I can see (from the specs that have been published) of any of these vehicles over the CT. That is the number one major drawback of having a long axle to axle vehicle like a heavy duty truck. Makes what should be simple things like turning in a tight radius circle driveway a three point turn situation at times and parking a reverse in situation pretty much all the time.

Crab walk to me is mostly gimmick because even the fake CG scenario the GMC marketing team showed during the "simulated" debut of the Hummer could have easily been accomplished with 4 wheel steering. I ride a lot of tight trails with my side by side at the ranch and I can't think of one single time when driving diagonal would have been advantageous over just having a tight turning radius. Maybe one situation....when you are going up a steep ascent and need to go to the side to avoid an obstacle and you don't want to turn the orientation of the vehicle because it would cause a little bit of a sidehill situation. That is the only thing I can think of and that is an ultra rare occurrence. With the low CG of these BEVs I think sidehill worries are not as prevalent compared to what most people are used to with ICE vehicles.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Sure, I would call it a party trick. :unsure:
I’d say?

GM? Is that all you got?

Its got battle born roots and extra heavy. That’s a following. 4 wheel articulated steering I’ve heard is real, as in advantageous. Crab walk just to align the ball of your hitch? 250#’s of crazy.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I’d say?

GM? Is that all you got?

Its got battle born roots and extra heavy. That’s a following. 4 wheel articulated steering I’ve heard is real, as in advantageous. Crab walk just to align the ball of your hitch? 250#’s of crazy.
Sure, it has "battle roots" in the same respect the Hummer H2 had "battle roots". :rolleyes:

Which is to say, none.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
They sure don't make em like they used to...

Also, the new hummer is WAY too expensive! I'm sure its a beast but that price...
This is just one opinion that an obscene amount of money is chasing Cybertruck. People that desperately want to decarbon their footprint, identify with Elon or simply want an authentic vehicle; Cybertruck animates the purchase impulse.

A second wave is an amount of wealth hidden soon to flood BEV in a tsunami of purchasing unprecedented in history. Driven by AGW global warming subsidies, tax incentivized and vehicle securitized in taxi, delivery and VPP(VirtualPowerPlant) microgrids by Autobidder; Cybertruck enables investment.

Third wave Johnny cum lately conservatives, FOMO, ICE converts and industry fleets that expect longevity drive a long tail demand curve; Cybertruck million mile battery is the discriminator in a market of also rans.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
This is just one opinion that an obscene amount of money is chasing Cybertruck. People that desperately want to decarbon their footprint, identify with Elon or simply want an authentic vehicle; Cybertruck animates the purchase impulse.

A second wave is an amount of wealth hidden soon to flood BEV in a tsunami of purchasing unprecedented in history. Driven by AGW global warming subsidies, tax incentivized and vehicle securitized in taxi, delivery and VPP(VirtualPowerPlant) microgrids by Autobidder; Cybertruck enables investment.

Third wave Johnny cum lately conservatives, FOMO, ICE converts and industry fleets that expect longevity drive a long tail demand curve; Cybertruck million mile battery is the discriminator in a market of also rans.
I want to be in the first wave but AGW and carbon are not my firsts. AGW and carbon are third priorities.

My first priorities are
1. Energy independence and source flexibility.
Not being dependent on centralized system especially foreign nation sources.
Fueling at home. This is not practical with hydrocarbon or even hydrogen fuels.

2. 10 year and 15 year TCO

Price of base single motor Cybertruck is inline with average pickup truck prices.

All the EV pickup competitors that have base prices starting a 70K are in completely different territory.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Dumb. A feature no one needs. Plus it adds complexity which will cost more $$$ if if fails or needs an alignment. I'm not sold on it or the tank feature the Rivian has.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

This

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
They sure don't make em like they used to...

Also, the new hummer is WAY too expensive! I'm sure its a beast but that price...
I'm not even convinced it will be better than the much cheaper Cybertruck which comes well-equipped without having to add on a bunch of expensive accessories. The Hummer price is obscene and it won't be in mass production until at least 2025. They will just trickle out obscenely priced versions before that.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm not even convinced it will be better than the much cheaper Cybertruck which comes well-equipped without having to add on a bunch of expensive accessories. The Hummer price is obscene and it won't be in mass production until at least 2025. They will just trickle out obscenely priced versions before that.
Lol so true, and "mass production" meaning 10k units per year. Same as most other "me too" BEVs.
Sponsored