Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
  • Banned
No affiliation. I still don't agree with door handles vice handles (believing it will be something internal that has changed...)... but not discounting the vid because of that.

Enjoy!

SS
Sponsored

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
I can see how others would want "handleless" doors.

I would still want door handles.

Codes, thumb print, finger print...is not my choice.

But let's see.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Final update?

Tesla introduces the cyber class vehicle and with it the opportunity to define the cyber UX. Updates are (software, services, functionality and electrical) Tesla’s leading brand discriminators.

In addition to factory changes expect cyber to extend the update to upgrades. Cyber owner upgrades. Storytime!

SteveJobs used his modular OS from NeXT to create MacOS. To compete against Windows, a monolithic OS. Microsoft Windows release cycle for updates, revisions and upgrades were on 3 yr. avg. He knew that he could make revisions to MacOS 3X/yr. while Microsoft could only stand by and watch as new capabilities, improvement and functionality were added every four months. Microsoft could only respond at the end of its cycle of merging everything into its one monolithic platform Windows.

Tesla has the opportunity to out rev the competition with Cybertruck. Regardless how they try, OTA can unlock new features, added capability and improvement after improvement while its competition watches. Just as its Powerwall customers received update enabling 50% more power - free, as in free beer!

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
Frankly, I've gotten kind of tired of seeing all these "Final Updates Revealed" videos popping up all over YouTube. They're nothing more than highly speculative opinions showing the same old Cybertruck clips from over a year or two ago. Not much more than clickbait, unfortunately.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

But let's see.
I wouldn't worry about anything like that being thrown on the Cybertruck. Tesla vehicles are already unlocked by phone proximity or by putting your card up against the door pillar. I doubt the Cybertruck will be any different.

The only thing that would change would be opening the door from the outside. You can search for videos that show the Roadster also doesn't have door handles and the door is opened by sliding your finger down on the window by the door pillar, then the door would pop open for you.

As a Candian I actually really like this over retractible door handles becuase not only will it make the truck look that tiny bit nicer without the handle slots, but i won't have to worry about it freezing over in the winter. Tesla already has a small mechanism in the door frame to force the door open if there is ice buildup, so I would be worry free when it is raining in the winter when i have my Cybertruck.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Frankly, I've gotten kind of tired of seeing all these "Final Updates Revealed" videos popping up all over YouTube. They're nothing more than highly speculative opinions showing the same old Cybertruck clips from over a year or two ago. Not much more than clickbait, unfortunately.
All true but it is not the YouTubers' fault. They just tap into our desperation for information to increase their ad. revenue. And we recycle it here knowing what it is because there is no real news to share. The real issue is lack of respect Tesla has for their customers. With one million reservations and counting they don't feel the need to cater to our wants and needs for information.

For me personally, the information such as door handles and such is nice to have but not much of consequence. I am fairly sure no matter what changes they make, I will still like it enough. The most important thing I need to know is Tesla's closest estimate of when I will get mine. That will determine if I get one at all and I doubt if I ever get an estimate from them, it would be in time to make a difference. In absence of that, I would appreciate even factually useless videos from Tesla to make waiting easier for us like Rivian does for their customers. I don't buy the arguments that Tesla does not waste money on ads to keep CT cheaper for you. We had 10 pages of comments on a few blurry cell phone shots in Giga-Texas. They don't need to hire Hollywood actors, they just need to give a damn enough to give us some progress report periodically. I understand the need for shock and awe at the reveal but at this point if I get tired of waiting and am already driving another truck instead, I am too tuned out to be shocked by any updates. What they are doing as a "marketing strategy" may sound fine and dandy to Tesla stock holders but as a potential owner, I am not a big fan.

This concludes the venting for today. It was not directed at anyone in particular (well, may be at Elon) but it saved me a therapy session.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Agreed, the CT is a hot topic. I am suckered in often with rehashing of old news reported to be updates for anxious future owners. Thanks for saying what many feel.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
seeing is believing.....when its here, it is here

Don Hiller

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"95 Honda Civic Ford pu 150, 250
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

But let's see.
Canx YOUR order!

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I'm waiting for official production version release before I watch any more of these vids. Much is up to interpretation. I can wait a little longer.

Treddle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
Door handles or not, wiper blades or lasers, factory wrap or after market wrap, trailer hitch or not, amphibious or not, tank turn or Gillig bus turn, two years or four years delivery, FSD or a beta version... doesn’t matter much to me. I am going to reward Tesla for forcing other manufacturers to electrify.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag

But let's see.
I don't know where in Canada you live but I think freezing doors would not be so good in some places there eh?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't buy the arguments that Tesla does not waste money on ads to keep CT cheaper for you. We had 10 pages of comments on a few blurry cell phone shots in Giga-Texas. They don't need to hire Hollywood actors, they just need to give a damn enough to give us some progress report periodically.
The cost of advertising the typical vehicle in N. America is around $2,000. Guess who pays?

Hint: The money comes from somewhere! Do you have and want to spend $2K extra on every vehicle you buy just so you can be convinced that it's "worth it"?

I understand the need for shock and awe at the reveal but at this point if I get tired of waiting and am already driving another truck instead, I am too tuned out to be shocked by any updates. What they are doing as a "marketing strategy" may sound fine and dandy to Tesla stock holders but as a potential owner, I am not a big fan.

This concludes the venting for today. It was not directed at anyone in particular (well, may be at Elon) but it saved me a therapy session.
I'll save you even more money: Cancel your reservation. That's right, the world will not end if you dont get a Cybertruck and you'll get your $100 back to spend on whatever DOES make you happy. It will leave more for those of us who want a truck like like this and shorten the wait by one.

Don't delay - Cancel Today. But wait! That's not all, if you cancel today you will get a box full of genuine Thank You cards from real reservation holders around the world, a $29.95 value, absolutely free!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't know where in Canada you live but I think freezing doors would not be so good in some places there eh?
People that live in freezing climates know how to deal with freezing doors. One time I came back from a back-country ski tour and the doors to my vehicle were frozen solidly shut. It was a VW Golf (Rabbit). Handles don't do a lot of good if they are really frozen. After that I made sure to keep the seals well treated to resist water and the areas around the seals waxed. No more problems.

With a Cybertruck it will be even less of a problem because you can start the vehicle from outside and turn on the heat. I do this with my Model 3 all the time in winter conditions and I don't have to scrape my windshield anymore. The door seals are treated to resist freezing.

As with any vehicle it's simply a matter of maintaining your vehicle for the conditions it will encounter. Door handles don't prevent freezing. I've yanked on handles until I thought I was going to pull the handle right off the door and the frozen door wouldn't budge.
Sponsored