Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
This is similar to when I put the deposit for my Model 3. I reserved the 35k version but they contacted me asking to get the 50k version instead because it was ready. I ended up getting the more expensive one cause I didn't want to wait any longer. I was very happy with the car though.

And I'm pretty sure at this point they are going to run the whole reservation list and try and sell the Foundation ones. And won't be able to make regular ones this year. Which is how they got me again! Haha
My $35k 2018 Model 3 cost $62k, tax, license, out the door. I agree it will be a long time before the good old boys can buy a $60k CT. Good luck with the Riv and Lightning. They are awesome. I checked out the Lightning just before making my FSCT order. There was no markup, but the top of the line Ford was $95k. Then the sales guy said there are some software battery issues that have to be solved before the Ford can use a SuperCharger. Yeah, think I'll stick with SuperChargers and Tesla until they work out the software battery issues....
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Yup, Tesla is likely to sell as many FS as they can, going through the whole list of reservation holders offering to let people jump the line for an extra $27k
Hopefully that is not the case but it looks like it might be that way with all the emails continuing to go out.
Or at least for all of 2024.

I hear various predictions on how many Cybertrucks will be built in 2024, many estimates are on the low end, and if Tesla only builds say 50,000+units for the year, it could be very possible they go thru the reservation list offering just the FS $$$ model.

Want to get a $79,000 Dual motor version and you have a reservation # of around 100,000-150,000? You may not hear from Tesla until 2025 (except to offer you the FS)

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My $35k 2018 Model 3 cost $62k, tax, license, out the door. I agree it will be a long time before the good old boys can buy a $60k CT. Good luck with the Riv and Lightning. They are awesome. I checked out the Lightning just before making my FSCT order. There was no markup, but the top of the line Ford was $95k. Then the sales guy said there are some software battery issues that have to be solved before the Ford can use a SuperCharger. Yeah, think I'll stick with SuperChargers and Tesla until they work out the software battery issues....
I have not heard that.
Although I don't know how well informed sales guys at dealerships are....

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Or at least for all of 2024.

I hear various predictions on how many Cybertrucks will be built in 2024, many estimates are on the low end, and if Tesla only builds say 50,000+units for the year, it could be very possible they go thru the reservation list offering just the FS $$$ model.

Want to get a $79,000 Dual motor version and you have a reservation # of around 100,000-150,000? You may not hear from Tesla until 2025 (except to offer you the FS)
Yea, as of now it looks like only 20,000-60,000 CTs may be produced and delivered in 2024 and the likelihood of them ALL being FS is looking likely currently

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea, as of now it looks like only 20,000-60,000 CTs may be produced and delivered in 2024 and the likelihood of them ALL being FS is looking likely currently
As a November 2019 reservation holder, thinking I won't be able to finalize an order until mid 2025 seems crazy. Glad I didn't hold off on my other vehicle purchases over the last 4 years.

Maybe the upside is all the "bugs" will be out of the CT by mid 2025. And maybe the range will be improved by then.
Sponsored