OP
OP

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast delivered: May 9, 2024
Country flag
Are you in VA? I got my PowerShare visit in NoVa March 29 but have heard nothing since. Received vin 1 week ago for Tysons but no word yet on delivery. For home charging, the truck will come with the mobile connector which allows you to charge the truck off any sort of wall power (120-240) as long as you have the correct adaptor. It typically comes with the standard 120 wall adapter and the NEMA 14-50 which is a common 240v dryer/oven outlet and pretty simple to install if you don't have one. This allows you to charge even without installing the Universal Wall Connector which also comes with the truck. Charging at home is super easy off literally any outlet even without the hardwired Wall Connector. 110 is slow but can still get you by for a while (unless you put in a lot of miles daily). And then there's supercharging and other public charging options...

Yes, Iā€™m in VA and Tysons is my Tesla location too. This is my first EV so I donā€™t have a home charger installed. Iā€™m just trying tj figure that out and if I should get that setup and installed before delivery (which I wanted) or if I should wait and see what the PowerShare will do.
Sponsored

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro Z28, '15 Viper GT, FS-CB
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
When did they contact you about your PowerShare? And how long did it take to get the installation scheduled and completed? According the the rep, my Cyberbeast will be delivered to Tysonā€™s in a week or so and no one has contacted me yet. Iā€™m starting to wonder how Iā€™m going to charge this thing since itā€™s my first EV and I donā€™t have a charging station already.
My bad, I just noticed this.

So I may be shafted on powershare. I never filled out survey and just assumed they would look at address provided and just ā€œknowā€ lol!
When I picked up last week, I told the delivery rep, and he said he would notify the powershare/ charging department to have them reinitiate my survey. However, I get a feeling that ship has sailed and I may be reduced to a free t-shirt. Iā€™m going back in a few days so Iā€™ll follow up then to see what my options are.

I have a Tesla supercharger less than a mile from my condo and itā€™s perfectly hidden from mainstream traffic.

As for delivery, I literaly got the text 5/1 asking if I was willing to pick up the next day.

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Thank you for the summary! Congratulations., Not sure I can wait 5 months for Cyberbeast!!!!
My five month wait had a lot of variables associated with it. Employees, Texas, and California had priority for the first 3-4 months, slow ramp, etc. The wait could be a lot less, considering the current production ramp, Virginia now getting allocations, and Tysons alone delivering 10+ trucks per day.

Sarge588

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW iX, 2018 Land Rover Velar
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My bad, I just noticed this.

So I may be shafted on powershare. I never filled out survey and just assumed they would look at address provided and just ā€œknowā€ lol!
When I picked up last week, I told the delivery rep, and he said he would notify the powershare/ charging department to have them reinitiate my survey. However, I get a feeling that ship has sailed and I may be reduced to a free t-shirt. Iā€™m going back in a few days so Iā€™ll follow up then to see what my options are.

I have a Tesla supercharger less than a mile from my condo and itā€™s perfectly hidden from mainstream traffic.

As for delivery, I literaly got the text 5/1 asking if I was willing to pick up the next day.
Apparently, if you don't fill out the survey they give you the "alternate offer" which is a $700 shop voucher for AWD or $1400 for beast. That should arrive within two weeks of delivery. Can see more here under "order and installation process" if you want to. https://www.tesla.com/support/powershare#not-eligible

OP
OP

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast delivered: May 9, 2024
Country flag
Iā€™m excited to say yesterday, Saturday, I received a text from Tesla asking me to open the Tesla app and complete the next step. When I opened the app, my VIN was displayed on the screen and the app allowed me to complete the financing application and get approved, and also the Tesla insurance. The only thing left is scheduling delivery.

I ordered a Cyberbeast so Iā€™m kind of surprised Iā€™m at this step already as I was thinking it would be more towards the end o the year or even early next year. Iā€™m pleasantly surprised. I have not seen any other Cybertrucks driving around in the DC metro area so they must have recently turned on deliveries here. Now Iā€™m wondering how long it will be until delivery. Based on some othersā€˜ experience, perhaps a month?
just to circle back on this. Today I got my notice to schedule delivery. I scheduled it for tomorrow! I canā€™t wait.
so from VIN to delivery it only took a week and a half. They are definitely speeding up timelines.

chase1999

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cyberbeast
Occupation
CyberSecurity Architect
Country flag
just to circle back on this. Today I got my notice to schedule delivery. I scheduled it for tomorrow! I canā€™t wait.
so from VIN to delivery it only took a week and a half. They are definitely speeding up timelines.
This is NOT the normal you lucky lucky man

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
This is NOT the normal you lucky lucky man
Looks like it's the current norm for Tysons as I had the same timeline just a week before.

I would assume SA (my second home) would be a lot better with deliveries by now?

hokietima

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, ACURA MDX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In No VA and placed my FS order 3/10 but no VIN. Was contacted 5/9 about Powershare from a company in Berkeley Springs WV 120 miles away. They said they were working on my estimate but tried to sell me solar. Iā€™ve read you have no choice on what company installs the PowerShare. Is that true?

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
In No VA and placed my FS order 3/10 but no VIN. Was contacted 5/9 about Powershare from a company in Berkeley Springs WV 120 miles away. They said they were working on my estimate but tried to sell me solar. Iā€™ve read you have no choice on what company installs the PowerShare. Is that true?
I was in the first round of invitations on 12/8 and placed my order on 12/9. Notified by text on 4/23 that VIN was assigned and vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. Notified on 5/1 that I could pick up the next day.

As for Powershare, I never filled out the survey, so I'm awaiting the $1400 credit any time now.

Inert007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y, Cybertruck AWD (waiting for vin)
Country flag

Donā€™t have an answer, but Iā€™m in the same boat. Live in No Va, FS order 4/2 no vin. Same company sent me an email stating the same 5/9. At first I thought it was spam. I currently have 2 EV outlets with 50 amp breakerā€™s for each and live in an area that has never had an outage more than an hour in the past 8 years so I donā€™t even know if the PowerShare is worth it.

DfibRL8R

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 3, Y, CT
Country flag
Picked up my new AWD FS truck this morning at Tyson's Corner. Pretty smooth delivery and I have not had any issues with the truck so far. Day one reservation 11/21/2019 with RN11275 but not invited to configure until 1/31/24 (which I did right away). Vin assigned 4/28/24 and notified 5/14/15 that I could schedule delivery. Vin number is low (68xx) compared to what seem to be getting delivered now.
As I left, I spotted 4 more trucks in the indoor storage area (separate from the delivery area where mine was the only truck).

Truck is very nice, a bit of a learning curve at low speeds with the steer by wire and tough to judge the size.

CyberVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Congratulations!

I am picking up Friday afternoon. Received schedule delivery today.

2.5 weeks from VIN to delivery. Tyson Corner.

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Just got mine out of service this morning. Took it to show my friend who works in downtown Leesburg. As I left on a two lane road, another CT was coming the opposite direction! Vigorous headlight flashing on both partsšŸ˜‚
Sponsored