Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would it be great to have an "official" opening party of Giga Texas that would include a tribute to Janis Joplin as a great music innovator from Texas.
Ref: Janis Joplin - Wikipedia I am not sure which song would be the most appropriate, but I like this one: TO LOVE SOMEBODY by Janis Joplin - YouTube

The passion, the love, the total gift of herself were very inspiring. The Texas Mars and Tesla missions needs this sort of emotions to be shared with the builders and participants of these great projects IMO.

More is here about this amazing women: Janis Joplins Greatest Hits _ Best Of Janis Joplin Full Album 2020 - YouTube
Sponsored

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If she had stayed away from Smack and Southern Comfort she could have been the next Billie Holiday.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would it be great to have an "official" opening party of Giga Texas that would include a tribute to Janis Joplin as a great music innovator from Texas.
Ref: Janis Joplin - Wikipedia I am not sure which song would be the most appropriate, but I like this one: TO LOVE SOMEBODY by Janis Joplin - YouTube

The passion, the love, the total gift of herself were very inspiring. The Texas Mars and Tesla missions needs this sort of emotions to be shared with the builders and participants of these great projects IMO.

More is here about this amazing women: Janis Joplins Greatest Hits _ Best Of Janis Joplin Full Album 2020 - YouTube
Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World - YouTube

Last edited:

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Austin is a huge music scene and I would assume Tesla could command something more than a tribute band. Not a knock against Janis Joplin, but seem like they could get an actual alive Texas musician if that is what they are going for.

Off the top of my head:
- Willie Nelson (well, maybe not since he is old AF and also owns a biodiesel company)
- Beyonce
- Don Henley
- George Strait
- Polyphonic Spree
- Kelly Clarkson
- ZZ Top (double-check that they are still alive first)

Of course the obvious choice would be the band Tesla, but it would probably be more fitting to have a couple of up-and-coming indie bands from Austin.

KelleyTexas

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Elon is into rave and many of the artists mentioned are staunchly liberal so probably wouldn’t support playing at the gigafactory since GM is leading the way…

Maybe Grimes?

He is also buddies with Ye so even though this is Texas I’d think more modern for sure

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Travis Scott is from Texas....
.... To soon?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Elon is into rave and many of the artists mentioned are staunchly liberal so probably wouldn’t support playing at the gigafactory since GM is leading the way…
Poor Elon. Most liberals think he is too conservative, and most conservatives think he is too liberal. It probably means he has found that sweet spot in the middle ground, and I hate to see him being attacked by both sides.

KelleyTexas

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Poor Elon. Most liberals think he is too conservative, and most conservatives think he is too liberal. It probably means he has found that sweet spot in the middle ground, and I hate to see him being attacked by both sides.
I don’t wish to turn this into a political thread as I have noticed they tend to get locked but it has nothing to do with both sides & everything to do with the blatant disrespect toward everything Elon by the current admin of our beautiful country. Back on topic though Im kind of curious if Elon will even have a concert planned for Gigatexas?

We are the Tesla Truck state - maybe we’ll have a rodeo instead & a Cybertruck smash up derby?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don’t wish to turn this into a political thread as I have noticed they tend to get locked but it has nothing to do with both sides & everything to do with the blatant disrespect toward everything Elon by the current admin of our beautiful country. Back on topic though Im kind of curious if Elon will even have a concert planned for Gigatexas?

We are the Tesla Truck state - maybe we’ll have a rodeo instead & a Cybertruck smash up derby?
Omg! The heartache if they took like 5 Cybertrucks and smashed them up in a derby. Lol.